"...and you know what?"

Sue Denim

This figure of speech is cropping up everywhere - TV, radio, corner shop - and is starting to severely piss me off. People are starting to use it like a comma or semi-colon, i.e.

"...and I thought to myself, you know what, I'm going to tell him who's boss."

And some people waggle their head as they say it, which makes me want to give them a chinese burn.

hear what you're saying but, with all due respect, it's not exactly rocket science. Basically, at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is you have got to be able to tick all the boxes. It's not the end of the world, but, to be perfectly honest with you, when push comes to shove, you don't want to be literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. Going forward we need to be singing from the same songsheet but you can't see the wood from the trees. Naturally hindsight is 20/20 vision and you have to take the rough with the smooth before proceeding onwards and upwards. The bottom line is you wear your heart on your sleeve and, when all is said and done, this is all part and parcel of the ongoing bigger picture. C'est la vie (if you know what I mean).

twinkletoes said:
hear what you're saying but, with all due respect, it's not exactly rocket science. Basically, at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is you have got to be able to tick all the boxes. It's not the end of the world, but, to be perfectly honest with you, when push comes to shove, you don't want to be literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. Going forward we need to be singing from the same songsheet but you can't see the wood from the trees. Naturally hindsight is 20/20 vision and you have to take the rough with the smooth before proceeding onwards and upwards. The bottom line is you wear your heart on your sleeve and, when all is said and done, this is all part and parcel of the ongoing bigger picture. C'est la vie (if you know what I mean).

I'm not being funny mate, but that's just pie in the sky, and you know what? At the end of the day, two wrongs don't make a right!

twinkletoes said:

Have you ever been on The Apprentice? ;-)

Geordies are the fucking WORST for this. I Love 'em, married one.

If ever asked to explain a troublesome or otherwise ponderous situation, 99% of Geordies and about 80% of Mackems will open their reply with the following:

Y'knar what it is....?

twinkletoes said:
Think you need some blue sky thinking outside the box.

Sue Denim said:
twinkletoes said:

Your answer has required a rigorous and robust reassessment of our core competencies, visions and values. Leveraged away from our work-stations, a raft of financial and strategic options underpins and overarches the reinvention of our lifestyle mission statement.

This has not been a seamless transition and does not locate us in a win-win situation per se. Restricted income generation has forced a realignment of our cost base, necessitating in-depth fire-fighting in order to deliver best value.

A re-evaluation of our methodologies has led to a sea-change. Tasked with delivering sustainable growth in our external horticultural environment, a work-in-progress encompasses benchmarking the broccoli, risk-assessing the radishes and applying change management principles to the diverse peripherals on the compost heap.

Our draft self-assessment analysis contains transparent aims and objectives to be brigaded on the terrace, applying joined-up thinking to transparently piloting the rioja, and developing synergies to enhance our contentment parameters. You're fired!

twinkletoes said:
Sue Denim said:

Your answer has required a rigorous and robust reassessment of our core competencies, visions and values. Leveraged away from our work-stations, a raft of financial and strategic options underpins and overarches the reinvention of our lifestyle mission statement.

This has not been a seamless transition and does not locate us in a win-win situation per se. Restricted income generation has forced a realignment of our cost base, necessitating in-depth fire-fighting in order to deliver best value.

A re-evaluation of our methodologies has led to a sea-change. Tasked with delivering sustainable growth in our external horticultural environment, a work-in-progress encompasses benchmarking the broccoli, risk-assessing the radishes and applying change management principles to the diverse peripherals on the compost heap.

Our draft self-assessment analysis contains transparent aims and objectives to be brigaded on the terrace, applying joined-up thinking to transparently piloting the rioja, and developing synergies to enhance our contentment parameters. You're fired!

exploding-head.gif

twinkletoes said:
Sue Denim said:

That's just horrible. It takes me back to my old marketing days when people actually spoke in that way. These were the same cretins who, despite sitting two metres away from me, would send me emails instead of opening their lazy, jargon-ridden gobs. Best day of my life when I told them to stick their blue sky thinking and mind-showers up their arses.

Sue Denim said:
twinkletoes said:

That's just horrible. It takes me back to my old marketing days when people actually spoke in that way. These were the same cretins who, despite sitting two metres away from me, would send me emails instead of opening their lazy, jargon-ridden gobs. Best day of my life when I told them to stick their blue sky thinking and mind-showers up their arses.

To be honest with you, I'm pressurised 24/7. I'm literally in pieces. I surfed the net and sourced a top-dollar lifestyle guru, and he's working with my partner and I, prioritising issues so that we can team up and address them - know what I mean?

There's things that have to go on the back burner, so that we can jet away to the sun and chill to the max. A few drinks, a few laughs and I'll be firing on all cylinders, like I say. She'll shop until she drops - right? - but if that's what the little lady wants, that's what she'll get. We'll soak up the sun, go with the flow, and come back bronzed and fit.

Hopefully, by Christmas, we'll be sorted, and ready to party, party, party big-time - and spend some quality time with the kids, with the turkey and all the trimmings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.