Anderlecht Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Vinnie thinks he would clash with Craig, why would he take him with him in the first place?
Good question,ithe set up confuses me,i am hoping our friend can explain it a bit,i want vinny to do well but it doesn't appear on the outside at least that it's a very sensible set up,if you don't have your coaching badges then don't take a managers job,the player/manager thing is even worse

We don't know what the remit was for vinnie.
Consolidate? Win a cup? European qualification? Or straight out win the league?
From the outside looking in I'd say after the players he got in over the summer Europe has to be minimum.

We don't know what the remit was for vinnie.
Consolidate? Win a cup? European qualification? Or straight out win the league?
From the outside looking in I'd say after the players he got in over the summer Europe has to be minimum.

I'm gonna guess the remit was not lose most of the games you play and put on a putrid display against the worst side in the league.

I love him, but he seems miles out of his depth, he's not even allowed to be their coach full time because he's not got the qualifications, the results aren't getting better 3 months in and the quality of play seems to be getting worse.It's not that far away from Gary Neville at Valencia territory.

I still have a little hope he turns it around but it seems less and less likely every passing game.

Honestly not sure why he took Davies unless Kompany wants a yes man and I guess any manager worth their salt wouldn't be that interested in running the team alongside someone who has never managed a game in his life.

He isn't fit enough to be on the pitch and doesn't have qualifications to manage the team, a bit of a nightmare all round and honestly they should just sack off Davies. Get in a new manager and demote Kompany to player/coach at best.

Honestly not sure why he took Davies unless Kompany wants a yes man and I guess any manager worth their salt wouldn't be that interested in running the team alongside someone who has never managed a game in his life.

He isn't fit enough to be on the pitch and doesn't have qualifications to manage the team, a bit of a nightmare all round and honestly they should just sack off Davies. Get in a new manager and demote Kompany to player/coach at best.
I don't think Vinny is the type to ever cause a problem intentionally, but what manager is going to come in and take over while you have the old manager lingering around the dressing room? You can't just get rid of Davies, they're a package deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49922768

"The club wanted to bring somebody else into his backroom staff, someone more experienced than Simon Davies - he is a yes man who does what he thinks is right for the team. He has been very boring at press conferences - at one point there was just one journalist at his press conference because everyone had given up listening to him - that is what has happened because Kompany isn't doing press conferences."

City's youngsters never did take to him when he was here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49922768

"The club wanted to bring somebody else into his backroom staff, someone more experienced than Simon Davies - he is a yes man who does what he thinks is right for the team. He has been very boring at press conferences - at one point there was just one journalist at his press conference because everyone had given up listening to him - that is what has happened because Kompany isn't doing press conferences."

City's youngsters never did take to him when he was here.
I’m not sure what to make of all this. If Vinny got rid of Arnesen and brought in Vercauteren he could be strengthening his position. If the changes were made by Management this could be a sign the walls are closing in on Vinnie and that if results don’t improve soon him and Davies could be out the door.

My sentimental side wouldn’t mind seeing Vinnie back “home” at the Etihad being groomed much like Vieira was. He’s a clever guy and would do well on either the business or football side of the Club if he had the right mentors, such as Pep, Marwood, Begiristain or Ferrano.

Not my club in Belgium.

Apparently Vinny's forged a strong bond with Nasri. Nasri's days are behind him though.

Not too arsed about Sandler he's gonna be sold off like a Karim Rekik

Judging by his personality Vinny's not gonna come back in a managerial capacity perhaps a director of some sort if any position at all. Definitely not the Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.