Andorra v England | Saturday 9th October 2021

Did Dixon say Jack got "a bit of luck" with that finish?
giphy.gif

Maybe we would but that’s a separate stupid decision.

By losing one team from the qualifying group we lose two games, two games is equivalent to one international window. I think getting rid of the two most pointless games of qualifying is a price worth paying to save one window of space in the calendar. If that is wasted through stupidity then that’s a different decision causing a different issue.

Anyway, I’d rather watch us play a friendly against Brazil or Argentina than this.
It's not a separate thing though because it would be as a direct result of it. It's not just about saving England 2 games, they would need to save 2 games for every single international side not just in Europe but worldwide in order to hypothetically save an international window. That's impossible to do and therefore there has to be an international window. And if there's an international window, literally no side in the world is going to pass on the chance of a friendly game. Its a fan theory that sounds plausible but isn't remotely possible.

It's not a separate thing though because it would be as a direct result of it. It's not just about saving England 2 games, they would need to save 2 games for every single international side not just in Europe but worldwide in order to hypothetically save an international window. That's impossible to do and therefore there has to be an international window. And if there's an international window, literally no side in the world is going to pass on the chance of a friendly game. Its a fan theory that sounds plausible but isn't remotely possible.
I know it’ll never happen. I just wish it would.

The (global) international aspect of it is interesting because there’s the African cup of nations played every two years in January, and there are moves to have the World Cup played every two years. It’s already not coordinated very well and there will be changes but I suspect they’ll be for the worse.

There’s clearly pressures to have more international football but the big down side of it is that every top flight player who isn’t a full international sits around doing nothing, while others play more games than is good for them. It just seems a massive waste.

You’re right that there is no easy solution, and certainly no England centric unilateral one.

One things is for sure: some of the best players in the world playing Andorra is not a good use of anyone’s time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.