Andorra v England | Saturday 9th October 2021

Out of contract next summer, already rejected one offer of an extension from the rags. He turns 29 in December, looking to get a bumper deal from the rags or elsewhere on a free I think.

Nobody will be buying him £30 million.
Surely one of the best midfielders in the PL would be snapped up at that price? That good that even West Ham wouldn’t take up the offer.

BBC headline “Sancho and Abraham seize their chance”.

What complete and utter bollocks.
All Sancho did was beat his man (eventually), then smash the ball aimlessly into the box. I don't even think I saw him even look for the runners. And Abraham didn't really set the game alight did he...

Let's not get carried away though. It was only Andorra, but Phil pretty much pulled the strings in midfield. It was a mature performance in a pivotal position within the team, and he smashed it out of the park. The fact the BBC have pretty much ignored that says a lot about them.

Surely one of the best midfielders in the PL would be snapped up at that price? That good that even West Ham wouldn’t take up the offer.

Good point. I wouldn't agree with the hyperbole about being one of the best midfielders in the Premier league.

Looks like a good player in a counter-attacking role but not someone to depend on against packed low blocks.

All Sancho did was beat his man (eventually), then smash the ball aimlessly into the box. I don't even think I saw him even look for the runners. And Abraham didn't really set the game alight did he...

Let's not get carried away though. It was only Andorra, but Phil pretty much pulled the strings in midfield. It was a mature performance in a pivotal position within the team, and he smashed it out of the park. The fact the BBC have pretty much ignored that says a lot about them.
Or maybe they regard Phil as a key component of the England squad already and recognise he doesn't need to seize his chance. Fodens performnce did not get ignored by anybody.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.