André Silva

That’s what I said. It was denied that there is a clause for that number
Ok. Great striker tough. If we can get him for <50mil - I’ll take it. He is tall, good with the ball and so far I know-good finisher.

others cost to much.

Ok. Great striker tough. If we can get him for <50mil - I’ll take it. He is tall, good with the ball and so far I know-good finisher.

others cost to much.
He is, like you said, good with this, good with that, but not particularly great. This is a solid season for him, but he has had many mediocre seasons before. Jesus, for instance, is an all around better player

With the options that “cost too much”, you have to go with one that will bring commercial returns and expand the global brand of the club to justify the investment... and that’s precisely why they cost what they cost

He is, like you said, good with this, good with that, but not particularly great. This is a solid season for him, but he has had many mediocre seasons before. Jesus, for instance, is an all around better player

With the options that “cost too much”, you have to go with one that will bring commercial returns and expand the global brand of the club to justify the investment... and that’s precisely why they cost what they cost
26 goals in 31 games is solid season for you?

26 goals in 31 games is solid season for you?
Listen, I am from Brazil and in the Brazilian league every year we have a striker that gets excepcional numbers and he is lucky to repeat that for one more season. The same in Argentina. I don’t just look at the goals, I have actually watched Frankfurt games, seen him on the 90 minutes, his movement, seen the kind of team he plays for and seen the kinds of goals he scores. “Solid” is a decent compliment. What I am not going to do is overrate him

Listen, I am from Brazil and in the Brazilian league every year we have a striker that gets excepcional numbers and he is lucky to repeat that for one more season. The same in Argentina. I don’t just look at the goals, I have actually watched Frankfurt games, seen him on the 90 minutes, his movement, seen the kind of team he plays for and seen the kinds of goals he scores. “Solid” is a decent compliment. What I am not going to do is overrate him

So you’re the 2021 bluemoon transfer expert. There’s always one that pops up ever year. Knows everything about every player.

So you’re the 2021 bluemoon transfer expert. There’s always one that pops up ever year. Knows everything about every player.
I don’t know everything about every player. Someone started a thread on Dusan Vlahovic the other day. I posted: I haven’t seen much of Fiorentina this season and don’t know much about him. However, Silva plays for a team that is possibly going to qualify for next season’s UCL. This isn’t an obscure team. And I find the Bundesliga and their domestic cup very entertaining to watch (I watched Dortmund a couple of hours ago, for instance!)

Look
I watched the guy and he’s good. Very good.
I hope he joins us and Pep makes him even better. He’s Portuguese and no doubts about players coming from that country.

Look
I watched the guy and he’s good. Very good.
I hope he joins us and Pep makes him even better. He’s Portuguese and no doubts about players coming from that country.

I watched him last week playing away at Bayer Leverkusen. Frankfurt went too defensive and he was playing without his strike partner Jovic. He didn't have the best of games but he was fed on scraps, he didn't give in though and almost created an assist from a cross but his teammate missed it.

Had a shot in the box to force a corner off the defender (looks like it might have been on target otherwise) and popped up with a goal when his team were 2-0 after some defensive lapses and clinical play by BL. Game was close to going to 2-2 but for some wasteful use of the ball by his teammates in the opposition 3rd and poor defending after the transition that led to BL's 3rd.

Bundesliga English language channel have produced some good analysis of him compared to the other two top strikers in the league.

Something that may also point to a deal could be done is the fact he is representated gestifute (Jorge Mendes' agency) just like our 3 Portuguese players and Ederson.

Don’t think he will stick around at Frankfurt as they usually cash in on their forwards when they have had great seasons and the manager and technical director have already arranged deals to leave for other bundesliga clubs with bigger budgets next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.