André Silva

decmancity

Off the back of a good goal yesterday I looked at Andre Silva again and his stats this year have been cracking. Always have to be wary of course that he's just doing well in a particular system but he has a lot of the fundamentals we would be looking for.

Certainly a better option than Danny Ings should Haaland not go through.

I recommend everyone that is thinking about getting excited about André Silva to watch him during at least a couple of full games first. I can’t stomach seeing people who insisted on discussions about whether Lukaku or Haaland were “Pep players” suddenly embrace this guy just because they believe he would be cheaper; same goes for people who are trying to dismiss Lukaku as a “one season wonder” (factually bullshit)... what about Silva lol? I don’t believe for a second believe City would be interested in him, let alone Pep.

Guardiola admitted he watched Dortmund’s 2-1 home defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt before they beat Leicester City on Saturday afternoon. Andre Silva, who City have also scouted, scored Frankfurt’s late winning goal.

From Jack Gaughan...

Guardiola admitted he watched Dortmund’s 2-1 home defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt before they beat Leicester City on Saturday afternoon. Andre Silva, who City have also scouted, scored Frankfurt’s late winning goal.

From Jack Gaughan...

If he watched that game, then there’s no way he would want to sign Silva, like I said lol.

If he watched that game, then there’s no way he would want to sign Silva, like I said lol.

Not sure what you are lolling at, because basen on that game alone, he seemed (i repeat, in that game alone) a much better fit than haaland. His movement and workrate was constant and he always got himself into positions and freed up space for his teammates.

Now, otherwise, I fully agree. He seems to be having a bit of a one season wonder goal fest, he doesn't have the same ability, potential, physique etc to Haaland. Or even lukaku. and I dount he would be significantly cheaper either, so I see no logic in linking him to us.

But you can't say, if he watched game u'd see he isnt a 'pep player'.
As an aside, the player that actually impressed the most in that game was Kostic.

Anyway, pep watched the game because we arw playing dortmund next. the fact silva played in it is imho purely a coincidence

Not sure what you are lolling at, because basen on that game alone, he seemed (i repeat, in that game alone) a much better fit than haaland. His movement and workrate was constant and he always got himself into positions and freed up space for his teammates.

Now, otherwise, I fully agree. He seems to be having a bit of a one season wonder goal fest, he doesn't have the same ability, potential, physique etc to Haaland. Or even lukaku. and I dount he would be significantly cheaper either, so I see no logic in linking him to us.

But you can't say, if he watched game u'd see he isnt a 'pep player'.
As an aside, the player that actually impressed the most in that game was Kostic.

Well the beauty of life is we can all have different opinions. I guess it’s hard to isolate one performance when the opinion evolves everytime we watch a game. Unlike you, I think his movement is below par. I agree on the workrate, but that makes noone exceptional. It helps that Frankfurt is a far better team tactically. I maintain that I can’t see Pep watching him and thinking that’s a striker for my team.
Kostic is great. I like Sow a lot too

I understand the need to open new threads to make sure we discuss players individually, but my first two posts in this thread were meant for different threads and moved here when it was opened. Not sure I like this because it can have a different meaning when out of a larger discussion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.