GB News | Dan Wootton facing “very serious” allegations in Byline Times exposé (p 228)

I think the strategy is more about institutional outrage fatigue. They are breaking the rules at every opportunity to normalise breaking the rules and so that “GB News breaks rules” stops being a newsworthy headline.

I think it’s more likely to result in much stricter ofcom rules, personally.

Especially now it’s essentially “Reform TV” with Tice, Farage and now Anderson all hosting shows.

Fast forward a year, there’ll be a massive Labour majority, every Tory right of Cameron is gone, they’ve got under 100 MPs - who’s going to oppose cracking down on this?

As Paul Marshall is trying to take over other media outlets I just can't see that their methods are only for the sake of their loss leading news network.

The point of GB News is to weaken institutions and allow post truth news to become more widespread. The silly skits with JRM tasting milk aren't an accident either, it allows them to claim not to be a news channel.

If it was just about getting the content into the airwaves they didn't need to setup a TV station with the stricter broadcasting regulations when they could have just used YouTube etc.

It's abundantly clear to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that Ofcom needs serious reform if it is going to be effective. It is not fit for purpose and the likes of GB News are taking the piss in broad daylight.

The state of the media in this country is like something from a third world dictatorship.

It's abundantly clear to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that Ofcom needs serious reform if it is going to be effective. It is not fit for purpose and the likes of GB News are taking the piss in broad daylight.

The state of the media in this country is like something from a third world dictatorship.
Is that fact like GB News or opinion like GBN?

Thinking about the difference, what is the percentage base when it’s actually news and can be deemed a proper news channel?

Just put it on and it’s got what you’d consider a news broadcast but it’s actually an opinion piece, like you’d see on a paper review. And there it is, GBN at the top left but also GB News in the bottom right.

I see Dan has allegedly been cutting Prince William off photographs off Harry, with William and P.Diddy. Naughty, naughty Dan - if true it is deliberately misleading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.