Android box/Firestick

I watch films on a FireStick on an app called Cinema.

It has asked me to update it but then come up with a box that says “To install new version you need to enable Unknown source in your settings”...

But I thought you should always have that switched off?

I’ve Googled this but don’t trust the sources that say it’s okay. Should I turn it on?

There's a reason why these types of apps aren't in Play Store etc & that is because they are borderline illegal as they serve copyright material. You have to allow Unknown Sources if you want to install them. You can always switch it off again once you have updated your app.

If you want to continue using cinema ,
Switch it back off after update.
Bloody hell, that’s so obvious but it ever even crossed my mind.

Cheers yeseye... and AGB!

Firestick great, but all options very much dependent on the quality /speed of your broadband. Streaming (especially live sport I've found) seems to place heavy demands on your connection.
Live sport is bobbins on the FireStick. Must have to reload the stream or even the app four or five times a game.

When it went off when we played Burnley away last season I nearly threw the tele out of the window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.