Andy May

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by isab23502, 4 Jul 2012.

1. isab23502

isab23502

Saw Andy May at Etihad in 2009 when I played in the charity match there - looked like Justin off CBBC now (but tubby, balding) ... my only memories of him in the side were Wham sun-in hair, slicing all his passes out of play when playing right back and getting booed for us losing at home to Leicester in 1986 when he made a couple of late cock ups. Anyone like him or is an over-highlighted, slicing, cocker-up with a look of a middle-aged kids TV presenter a fair summary?

2. King Of All Geordies

King Of All Geordies

I don't remember him being a particularly bad player, in the context of the era he played in..

3. Regular Joe

Regular Joe

Fair summary - even when everyone is in nostalgia mode he rarely gets a mention. Not the worst player ever, but easily forgotten.

You do well to have any memories of his performance in a blue shirt. All I can remember him for is scoring Huddersfield's goal in the 10-1.

4. lancs blue

lancs blue

We've had plenty worse than Andy May, he was a decent enough player although better in midfield than at the back.

5. Not that good at all, I always wanted him to be great (cos he went to my old school - St. Peter's inn Prestwich), he was a twat a school though so balls to him.

6. andyhinch

andyhinch

We had what we had back then, I thought m fonzec look a world beater

7. urmston

urmston

How good were Bobby Owen or Authur Mann?

8. cleavers

cleavers

His biggest claim to fame was his hair cut/style, he seemed to spend a lot of time fiddling with it anyway.

Decent enough player for where we were, not a world beater, but the ladies liked him (well mine did).

9. doots

doots

Is that you Andy?
    I think you'r fab xx

10. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Scored the opener against Charlton in 85 when we got promotion.
    As people have said, given what we had at the time he was no worse, no better. I liked him.
    He also waved at the Kippax when scoring Huddersfield's goal in the 10-1 so for that alone, he gets my vote.