Andy Morrison on Sky

Andy Morrison epitomises everything that was great about (the then) Man City. His no nonsense defending, leadership qualities were obvious but his ability to motivate the team when we were behind was fantastic. Much under rated by the footy media with their snide jibes about his build and rugby yada yada but he was a true warrior for us. Defo in the mould of: Mike Doyle, Colin Hendry, Mick McCarthy et al awesome. Love him to bits.

I remember that very well; it was the first PPV game in the UK.

Andy got up from that challenge, shook his head a couple of times, and carried on. The Colchester player was taken off on a stretcher. I’m not sure if he’d regained consciousness before he left the field.

Andy Morrison; as hard as fuck!
He did the same thing in the 6-0 win at burnley!! & iirc it was gareth taylor who he smashed!!? could be wrong it was a long time ago :)

Andy Morrison epitomises everything that was great about (the then) Man City. His no nonsense defending, leadership qualities were obvious but his ability to motivate the team when we were behind was fantastic. Much under rated by the footy media with their snide jibes about his build and rugby yada yada but he was a true warrior for us. Defo in the mould of: Mike Doyle, Colin Hendry, Mick McCarthy et al awesome. Love him to bits.
We can put Rúben in that group now.

Already.

The club and team were in serial decline, Morrison rocked up and transformed our mentality instantly, a born winner and a far better player than people gave him credit for.

Up to Vincent Kompany arriving at the club, Morrison was our best captain and leader in a generation.

The club and team were in serial decline, Morrison rocked up and transformed our mentality instantly, a born winner and a far better player than people gave him credit for.

Up to Vincent Kompany arriving at the club, Morrison was our best captain and leader in a generation.
He had an injury problem throughout his career. He might otherwise have reached the very top. A much better player than he was given credit for.

Been to a few away games with Andy and his son. A nicer bloke you couldn’t wish to meet absolute top fella who does actually love the club for the right reasons and doesn’t do it to further his career etc. He’s still a unit as well!
"who does actually love the club for the right reasons and doesn’t do it to further his career etc"

Great comment and so very true.

We have a lot of "true blue former legends" coming out of the woodwork , working for the media who claim to love us.

If we were not the club we are today , they would not want to be associated in the slightest.

I might be wrong, but i think i remember Andy's first game for City against Oldham at Boundary Park. I was in the side stand with City playing from my left to right. Andy hit a volley from 20 yards + into the Oldham net. It was a shot worthy of the very best players and was a goal to be savoured over the years. I think he scored a header too but my memory could be playing up. Andy was one of a very few players who really saved City from obscurity. If we had not won the play off in 1999, it may be that we would never have made it to the very top of the Football tree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.