Andy Morrsion

Andy Morrison was just what we needed in the second division, and to some extent the first division, cant fault him

I remember him really getting found out in the premier league though, but thats the problem with succesive promotions, you end up with a lot of players who are out of their depth

Andy Morrison was just what we needed in the second division, and to some extent the first division, cant fault him

I remember him really getting found out in the premier league though, but thats the problem with succesive promotions, you end up with a lot of players who are out of their depth

bluechaos said:

He was on the talking city show on channel M a few weeks ago and said just that. He said 'I could never play in the premiership because I was too slow'

For me he was the true hero in 1998/99 season, we all remember Dickovs goal etc but if you look where we were when he came in and where we climbed too, it was no co incidence. Could do with a leader of his ilk now, Richard Dunne has been a great servant to the club, but he is not a leader of men like Morrisson was.

ultimateharold said:
Was it Chesterfield or somewhere where he destroyed a guy with a clash of heads and just got up as if nothing had happened?

colchester me thinks
I do not hold any fond memories of him
I was told a story at the time of his hasty departure from the club.

I was made aware of some very serious accusations and that he may have left the club under a very heavy cloud.
If this was true I think city fans would hold very different memories of him.

I know I only hold a very tainted view of a player who I saw ever game he ever played for the club and stories like this one do not change my view of him.

Went to see a mate in Worcester at the beginning of last season and went to see Worcester Town play, Morrison was on the coaching staff there, he had been in the dog house at a pre season friendly for following an opposing player who had been sent off and chinning him near the changing rooms. He later got in the mire over a benefits scam.

I will always remember him as a defensive colossus for us in the 2nd and 1st divisions. Really galvanised other players into playing as well. The like of which we could do with right now.

My lad who was really young at the time idolised him and loved seeing attackers bouncing off him like he was made of granite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.