Anelka: Misunderstood | Netflix

A tremendous footballer, loved him. I wouldn’t believe everything you read in Fowler’s autobiography - he himself wasn’t exactly loved by his teammates. Unless you were Scousers with really shit curly hair.

The Elk was a great player and it felt (at the time) like we'd turned a corner bringing in a great (world class?) player at the time.

A tremendous footballer, loved him. I wouldn’t believe everything you read in Fowler’s autobiography - he himself wasn’t exactly loved by his teammates. Unless you were Scousers with really shit curly hair.
In my opinion, they were both (anelka and fowler) a pair of lazy bastards who pretended they were putting effort in when they weren't.

They both thought they were doing us a favour by playing for us and I would have been glad to see the back of them both earlier.

Both conned the fans imo.

Funnily enough though, as players for other clubs, I liked them both and don't mind them both as individuals now.

In my opinion, they were both (anelka and fowler) a pair of lazy bastards who pretended they were putting effort in when they weren't.

They both thought they were doing us a favour by playing for us and I would have been glad to see the back of them both earlier.

Funnily enough though, as players for other clubs, I liked them both and don't mind them both as individuals now.

Whilst I think you write bollocks there was a reason both were at a mid table prem club and not title winning teams. It was a pure pleasure to have Anelka play for us when we were used to the two Taylor's, Conlon, Bradbury etc. It was the first real signs of the club getting to where it eventually went.

In terms of contributions to the club, Anelka did so much more, including scoring the first ever goal at the Etihad. They say times a healer but I've not forgiven Fowler for missing that penalty against Middlesbrough.

Anelka and Foe are the two players I think of wearing (in my opinion) our best away shirt in my life time, even though it looks like pyjamas in this pic.
manchester-citys-2nd-goalscorer-shaun-goater-is-mobbed-by-nicolas-picture-id829219410

I was with you up until the last paragraph. They're both tossers as far as I'm concerned.

Good player for us

wasn’t happy about him taking a pen against the scum in the CL final. Every **** and his dog could see he was going to miss

Whilst I think you write bollocks there was a reason both were at a mid table prem club and not title winning teams. It was a pure pleasure to have Anelka play for us when we were used to the two Taylor's, Conlon, Bradbury etc. It was the first real signs of the club getting to where it eventually went.

Well, obviously Fowler was ruined by injuries by the time he joined us. Anelka still had all the ability to be a top class striker as he proved once again a few years later at Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.