Anelka: Misunderstood | Netflix

Weaver at Portman Road is a great shout tbf
I meant at Maine Road Road during Joe Royle's second promotion season. 27/10/99. Weaver and Richard Wright were up against each other, and were touted as the future of English goalkeeping.

Nicky was phenomenal that night.

I meant at Maine Road Road during Joe Royle's second promotion season. 27/10/99. Weaver and Richard Wright were up against each other, and were touted as the future of English goalkeeping.

Nicky was phenomenal that night.

Yes. I think we won 1-0

Such a shame Weaver never did what he could have done

On a side note, City must have some sort of record of England keepers that have played for us?

Yeah but he talks about them as Manchester now, in 2020 when the interview got done.
Wouldn't have minded if he didn't spend 3 odd years with us

We were mentioned as little more than a footnote, which when you look at were we were and the clubs he played for is probably fair. However I do think that along with that one season at Arsenal, and at Chelsea where he finally matured he played his best football in sky blue
Sadly, we can’t impose OUR mindset on other people.

Some players take us to heart, others we take to heart, and others we prefer to forget they ever were here, because they were never Blues.

Anelka fits at least 2 out of 3 of those.

I had a great song for him but it never became popular. it was to the tune of Kylie Minogue's 'I can't get you out of my head' Na na na Nicolas Anelka Na na na Nicolas Anelka....Should have been a classic!

Started watching it but Henry Winter going on about arsenal (they have fans living around the ground and all over the world), then Wenger, then Manchester in Manchester, then off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.