Angel Di Maria

Neville Kneville said:
andrewmswift said:
jknight said:
If were going to play with wingers what concerns me is the strikers we have. We only have Dzeko that can get up for high crosses, Aguero and Tevez will be ineffective against tall centre backs. I'm still not sure I trust Dzeko to do a job for us next season and would feel more comfortable with another striker who has some heading ability.

Wingers can cross the ball on the ground, you know, which is in fact usually more effective (especially with our generally shit crossing).

They can, but if they have to then they lose 50% of their effectiveness. A lack of headed goals is one of the things which made us 2nd.

This is my point. If you're using wingers in a situation where the opposition has parked the bus having the option of a striker who's good in the air can make a difference. It also means you don't have to keep bringing your centre backs up for set pieces. Doesn't mean we have to sign Andy Carol but strikers who can head the ball give you an extra option when playing with width.

Di Maria is mentioned with Cavani on that report by 24horas.CL.

I think it roughly says that City are signing Big Mal, and have Fernandinho and Navas in the bag etc

Manx Blue said:

I think it roughly says that City are signing Big Mal, and have Fernandinho and Navas in the bag etc

Big Mal? whats one of those?

SuperSilva said:
Manx Blue said:

Big Mal? whats one of those?

MAnueL

I'd love to see Di Maria at City.

Love watching him play (minus the play acting) And I thought he was excellent against us in the champs league. Not just his speed, close control and dribbling but his long range passing and chipping through balls through was immense!!

I know it's highly unlikely now with Navas signing but I can dream!!

---------- Yaya Fernandinho --------------

---------Navas ------------------- Di Maria-------

------------------- Silva --------------------

-------------------- Aguero ------------

Feed-The-Goat said:
Not a fan of Pee Wee.

Yes! Hit me right when I saw this. It's uncanny!

Di Maria is a diver extraordinaire, which I hate. What he's capable of bringing to City can be be summed up in one performance. The Copa Del Rey a couple years ago when Madrid finally beat Barca in extra time. Out of all the stars in that match, Di Maria's performance is the one that stood out the most. It was stellar. Mou used some weird 5-5 formation.. no joke. With Di Maria playing both sides, he ran up and down that field until he could barely stand. Absolute cracking performance, and I believe he played on the left side exclusively in that one. I hope someone else remembers that one so I'm not alone here!

Manx Blue said:

Do you have a link to the report?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.