Angel Di Maria

Dribble said:
alky313 said:
Dribble said:
Resale value? AJ apart, who was the last player we've bought in recent times who we've sold for more than we've bought him for?

We should buy a player to suit our needs, so if that's a 28 year old finished product then so be it. Last season, ManUre changed their strategy on buying older players with little or no resale value & it won them the league!

If a player's good enough, he's old or young enough in my book. Now back to Di Maria, I recall when we were interested in him before he joined Real. IIRC, we didn't pursue him because he was seen as being too lightweight for the Premiership & too hit & miss with his performances.

I've not kept an especially close eye on him since, but I've not seen a great deal from him to change that view. Pellegrini & Txiki have seen him up close & personal for some time & if they think he could possibly fit the bill, then I trust their judgement.

Changed their strategy? They bought Van Persie. This year they bought Zaha .... They haven't changed anything.
Eh?
The rags didn't change their strategy. They went into desperation mode and bought a striker.

If we were to have the option of Navas on the right with Di Maria on the left, then next season would be very, very interesting!

Aren't these just the sort of players, and Pellegrini just the sort of manager, that will get Dzeko back to his goalscoring ways?

Not wanting to wish my life away but can't wait for the season, or at least the pre-season, to start!!

alky313 said:
Dribble said:
alky313 said:
Changed their strategy? They bought Van Persie. This year they bought Zaha .... They haven't changed anything.
Eh?
The rags didn't change their strategy. They went into desperation mode and bought a striker.
I wouldn't say they went into desperation mode. They waited until he was in the last year of his contract and bought him on the cheap. Van Persie with 3 years left on his contract would be a hell of a lot more than £25m.

BlueDejong said:
AS claims new boss Carlo Ancelotti has been told to reduce the number of players in the squad. Although Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho have already departed, Real have signed Daniel Carvajal, Isco, Casemiro, and promoted Jese to the first team squad.

The leaves the total at 27 – without deals for other players such as Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez being completed. There paper says the Italian boss will sanction the departure of at least four players. The list of those with a cloud over their future at the Santiago Bernabeu includes Kaká, Coentrao, Higuaín, Callejón, Di María, Adán y Jesús Fernández.

Marca and AS both carry more quotes from Iker Casillas about his experience on the sidelines last season. The Real Madrid legend claimed at one point he thought of leaving the club such was his frustration at being left out in the cold.

- What do you think about Di Maria & Coentrao ?

I'd be more than happy to sign those two and Higuain, especially if (fingers crossed) Kolarov leaves. All three in their mid-twenties and all excellent players with experience at the very highest level.

Di Maria would be a fantastic signing - more so than Isco for short term impact IMO, although seemingly not as excitable a transfer. We would have pace (and lots of it) on the wings, arguably the best central midfield to pick from in Yaya, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Fernadinho, and not forgetting we have one of the best strikers in the world in Aguero, and a striker who still clearly has more to offer in Dzeko.

Like many, I am very excited for next year, we might not be landing the big bracket names, but we are landing 2nd bracket names in the right areas - which is far more beneficial to us next year.

Yes please.

Full name Ángel Fabián di María Hernández
Date of birth 14 February 1988 (age 25)
Place of birth Rosario, Argentina
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)[1]
Playing position Winger
Club information
Current club Real Madrid
Number 22
Youth career
2001–2005 Rosario Central
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2005–2007 Rosario Central 35 (6)
2007–2010 Benfica 76 (7)
2010– Real Madrid 89 (18)
National team‡
2007 Argentina U20 13 (3)
2008 Argentina Olympic 6 (2)
2008– Argentina 39 (8)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.