Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was playing regularly for PSV in the league & Champions League, so I think he should be given a full chance in cups ( Carabo & FA cup) at least.

Let Mendy & Zinchenko compete for spot in the important competitions ( PL & CL )

Miles better footballer than Zinchenko or Mendy imo, but still question marks over physicality & he got easily knocked off the ball on one occasion. Can't afford to be caught out in that position (well he can, because it happens 3 times per game to Zinchenko & we still win, but we ideally don't want a fullback who does that).

We should have scored 2 from his crosses imo.

Most of our full-backs are superb in attack, Walker apart. Angelino looks like he can be added to that list but when such a high line is played, full-backs are always going to look vulnerable on occasion, especially attacking full backs.

Trent at Liverpool is a worse defender than Zinchenko but he gets 10-15 assists a season. I can accept our full backs making a few defensive errors, if they offer something at the other end of the field. Walker and Zinchenko both make plenty of mistakes and yet offer nothing going forward. Mendy and Cancelo, need to get fit and stay fit and then hopefully, we will see full backs in a City side, that are fit for purpose. Angelino, based on what we saw yesterday, may be able to offer something as well.

If he's playing with Fernandinho he'll improve his positioning. Any one else to his right probably won't mentor him as well or even at all. So if Fernandinho doesn't play I'd be nervous of starting Angelino. Sorrio Angelinio.

Great cameo. Looked brilliant attacking and has the pace to get back and defend. Some lapses sure but a promising appearance.

Looking forward to seeing more of him. Finally we are getting to see actual Leftbacks play the leftback position.

If he's playing with Fernandinho he'll improve his positioning. Any one else to his right probably won't mentor him as well or even at all. So if Fernandinho doesn't play I'd be nervous of starting Angelino. Sorrio Angelinio.

At the moment, the bit in bold full stop. :-)

I would say his delivery from the left is better than both Mendy and Zin. Can’t wait to see him in the cups.

Some excellent crosses but some sloppy bits as well - going off that, he’s not the long term answer but definitely an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.