Angelino (on loan to Breda)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 29 Dec 2017.

1. bobom

bobom

Clearly Pep's is a system that takes some getting used to. Lots of players have said that it took them the best part of a season for the penny to drop.

So if we bring in new players and let others go, there's a cost in terms of disruption to the team. And I think in neither Angelino nor Maffeo's case is it justified to sell a good player that knows the system (Delph, Danilo) for a very promising young player who doesn't.

If they go away and play in other clubs and prove that they're worth it, that's another matter, which is why the buy back clauses seem such a good idea.

For the same reason, it's telling that Diaz and Foden have not gone on loan but have been learning the system so they can step up when they're ready without disruption - to me, that's a strong sign that Pep rates them very highly.

2. i♥city!

i♥city!

We could use Angelino as a wide left midfielder, he has the pace, energy and crosses to fill up the left wing position in a 3-5-2 formation. I would love to see him get a chance.