Angelino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not our first team is for world class footballers.
We can't keep them all and will only keep those who we believe can make it. Even some of them won't get regular first team football at 17 -20 and if thats what they think they can get elsewhere they will move on. Hopefully with contractual arrangements that are beneficial to MCFC bearing in mind the expense of the coaching and development of the player.
99% of academy products won't make it to our 1st team- not that they aren't talented footballers who are more than capable of becoming first class or becoming good enough over time.
The balance of remaining successful at first team level and the integration of academy players is incredibly difficult.
Nearly all the players need time to develop, time which Pep cannot give them in the main.
Peps 1st priority is winning silverware. Im not sure integrating academy players is in the top 3. If it was it would severely compromise his ability to achieve his primary aim.
I would love to see Diaz and Foden break into the first team and get regular time at PL level but at the cost of winning silverware? Not sure.

The last four posts or so capture the very essence of the modern day bluemoon.

Take out the kinky post as it wasn’t there when i posted.

The last four posts or so capture the very essence of the modern day bluemoon.

Take out the kinky post as it wasn’t there when i posted.

Why is that?

I would have posted the same in 2007 when the academy was being painted by the players, if they won't get game time let them move on and have a career

You have to be realistic. Look at Trippier who is only now hitting the top level having been around the houses since leaving us and spending a lot of time on the Spurs Bench. Only when we took the better of Spurs right backs did he get a clear run of a starting spot.

Angelino had to leave, he just wouldn't break through with us. The fee is the fee. If others were offering more we would have taken it.

I have no problem with this. Hope he does well.

Just a few observations.

1. Angeline is a good player but he would have been recalled by Pep by now if he was going to feature in the first team squad. I wish him well for the future and I can see him having a successful career.

2. I think City / we take the decision not to hold out for every last penny because it might deter young talented players coming to the Club and it helps the players who haven’t made it with us to get a good wage at the new Club. We would struggle to sell players if they were looking at a wage cut.

3. We also seem to compare ourselves with the transfer fees that Chelsea obtain without knowing the detail e.g. sell on or buy back clauses. Chelsea’s youth team is also better than ours as the trophy count shows year in, year out.They are likely to have better players than us that justify bigger transfer fees. We need to keep improving.

4). 4. 5 million Euros is still helpful towards paying the substantial costs of our Academy set up. Many teams in other European Leagues don’t have the spending power of Prem Teams.

Thanks

Just a few observations.

1. Angeline is a good player but he would have been recalled by Pep by now if he was going to feature in the first team squad. I wish him well for the future and I can see him having a successful career.

2. I think City / we take the decision not to hold out for every last penny because it might deter young talented players coming to the Club and it helps the players who haven’t made it with us to get a good wage at the new Club. We would struggle to sell players if they were looking at a wage cut.

3. We also seem to compare ourselves with the transfer fees that Chelsea obtain without knowing the detail e.g. sell on or buy back clauses. Chelsea’s youth team is also better than ours as the trophy count shows year in, year out.They are likely to have better players than us that justify bigger transfer fees. We need to keep improving.

4). 4. 5 million Euros is still helpful towards paying the substantial costs of our Academy set up. Many teams in other European Leagues don’t have the spending power of Prem Teams.

Thanks
I once had 30 grand (not mine) stored in a stationery cupboard, that seemed like a lot of money at the time but 4.3 million wouldn't have fitted in there, it truly is a lot of dosh, probably pays the academy bill for a year to put it in perspective.

For 'Academy', read 'farm'.

Spot on.
That's how it becomes self funding.
The rags have been masters at it for years.
Bring a kid through the youth team play him for 30 minutes or so in the Carabo Cup home games.
Hype him to the heavens. Get the media on side to say he is the next (strike out whichever is in inapplicable) Duncan Edwards / George Best / Ryan Giggs /Eric Cantona
and then sell him on for £8 - £10 million to the likes of Everton, Sunderland, West Brom etc.
Job done.

Anyone who thinks the academy should be a conveyor belt of talent into the first XI of the best team in the premier league is an incurable romantic.
Correct, and they never say who are we leaving out ?

Foden and Diaz will get their chances but they will have to be patient, rarely do 17 and 18 year olds get regular playing time at the top clubs, until they can actually replace one of the top players.

Good luck to him, its better than a loan he can now establish himself at a top club, and if he becomes a great he might return some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.