Angelino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had 30 grand (not mine) stored in a stationery cupboard, that seemed like a lot of money at the time but 4.3 million wouldn't have fitted in there, it truly is a lot of dosh, probably pays the academy bill for a year to put it in perspective.

I noticed in one of the tweets said more than 5 million Euros so I wonder if there might be add ons.

Terrific deal, was half expecting him to go the way of Jack Byrne. Its a big transfer for PSV, they're taking a massive punt on him, pretty much buying his left leg for 4.5m and hoping the rest of his game develops tenfold, his overall game is very weak still.
Hope he does well, seems a nice lad that always gives 100%

Good luck, shame he didn't get a proper chance with us but with our standard he wasn't going to get it.

Youngster's have to be truly outstanding to get any sort of opportunity, that's just the way it is now.

Terrific deal, was half expecting him to go the way of Jack Byrne. Its a big transfer for PSV, they're taking a massive punt on him, pretty much buying his left leg for 4.5m and hoping the rest of his game develops tenfold, his overall game is very weak still.
Hope he does well, seems a nice lad that always gives 100%
I know it's not a money league but £4.3mil for maybe the best left back in the league isn't a 'terrific deal'.

I know it's not a money league but £4.3mil for maybe the best left back in the league isn't a 'terrific deal'.
So he's the best looking turd (debatable) in a pile of turds, i don't get your argument we still just sold a turd for 4.3 mil.

Apologies for the harsh analogy

So he's the best looking turd (debatable) in a pile of turds, i don't get your argument we still just sold a turd for 4.3 mil.

Apologies for the harsh analogy
No matter the strength of the league, that's awful money for one of the better players in their position. You'd struggle to get a decent Championship-level player without breaking £6mil. We get quoted £25+mil for youngsters in Portugal or Brazil who have played 5 or so games, but we get shafted again. I guess it's due to there only being 1 year left on the contract.

No matter the strength of the league, that's awful money for one of the better players in their position. You'd struggle to get a decent Championship-level player without breaking £6mil. We get quoted £25+mil for youngsters in Portugal or Brazil who have played 5 or so games, but we get shafted again. I guess it's due to there only being 1 year left on the contract.
Possibly the contract length played a role, but maybe it is also simply so that Angelino is overrated on here? If he was a 25 million player then why aren't there any bidders from the PL? No disrespect to the lad, but maybe PSV for 5 million is exactly his current and projected level. Just a thought.

Pathetic to let him leave for 4m pounds. Why are we negotiating for weeks about the prize for Mahrez and Jorginho and then just sell our best talents for peanuts. Iheanacho and Negredo feels like the only good deals we’ve done when selling players this last 4-5 years.

That's partly because we haven't sold anyone of any real value to our team. We've kept hold of our good ones and it's actually a good position to be in. I would say the £13.8m we got for Javi Garcia at the time was a pretty decent deal too. Any poor deals have usually been down to the fact it was a poor buy in the first place rather than poor negotiating in the sale.

£4.8m doesn't sound a lot in today's market, but the fact there clearly wasn't anyone else willing to pay more than that is probably a decent indicator of his value.

That’s often the case but we could have bought Trippier back from Burnley for this sort of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.