Angelino

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the strength of the league, that's awful money for one of the better players in their position. You'd struggle to get a decent Championship-level player without breaking £6mil. We get quoted £25+mil for youngsters in Portugal or Brazil who have played 5 or so games, but we get shafted again. I guess it's due to there only being 1 year left on the contract.

That's my point at his current level he'd struggle to get tagged as a decent championship level player. We do get get quoted stupid prices as do all the big clubs but that's because we've identified something in the player that suggests they can go on and develop into top quality players, hence our interest,if other teams saw that in Angelino we should of been getting offers in the double figures last year of contract or not but the fact is only PSV were willing to punt, says it all really.
Like i mentioned earlier imo Jack Byrne showed more facets to his game and looked more impressive during his spell in Holland yet left for peanuts so in comparison to that deal we've done terrific definitely improving our negotiating skills when coming to selling.

I suppose we don’t know what the buy backs are. I made a joke earlier about our low fees. Thinking about it however, maffeo and Angelino with 1 year left. Let’s say we sell maffeo for 10 mil with a 20 mil buyback. Or we lose him in a year if he doesn’t sign. We then get the freedom to come back in when we want to get him back. Alternatively, we sell for 20 million, Surely they would say for the investment we want the buy back at 40 million. These are just made up numbers of course. That’s the way I’d look at it. Only way it doesn’t work out for us is if they don’t fill their potential.

Of course also because they are their player, it’s within their interest to play as much as possible.

Pathetic to let him leave for 4m pounds. Why are we negotiating for weeks about the prize for Mahrez and Jorginho and then just sell our best talents for peanuts. Iheanacho and Negredo feels like the only good deals we’ve done when selling players this last 4-5 years.
this.

I remember Rony Lopes being let go for next to nothing and he's now Monaco's 10 in a 4-5-1

Sale and buy back clause appears to be the way teams some teams are going.

Bojan and Morata, are two that definitely had this in their times when they went to Italy.

Suppose it gives us a short term cash boost and gives the player a bit more security and chance of playing, than a loan move. Loanee's don't always seem to get the minutes.

Like it or not our first team is for world class footballers.
We can't keep them all and will only keep those who we believe can make it. Even some of them won't get regular first team football at 17 -20 and if thats what they think they can get elsewhere they will move on. Hopefully with contractual arrangements that are beneficial to MCFC bearing in mind the expense of the coaching and development of the player.
99% of academy products won't make it to our 1st team- not that they aren't talented footballers who are more than capable of becoming first class or becoming good enough over time.
The balance of remaining successful at first team level and the integration of academy players is incredibly difficult.
Nearly all the players need time to develop, time which Pep cannot give them in the main.
Peps 1st priority is winning silverware. Im not sure integrating academy players is in the top 3. If it was it would severely compromise his ability to achieve his primary aim.
I would love to see Diaz and Foden break into the first team and get regular time at PL level but at the cost of winning silverware? Not sure.

Correct.

Cant put young players in the first team just so we can say "we have home grown players". Its a bit like the 2fill your stadium" comment now where people seem to say this when they cant think of how to cover that their team is shit.

To sell the young players and make money keeps the academy ticking over where it is only a matter of time before we create a gem of a player worth 75m. We will have younger players breaking through soon but only when they are good enough.

Still though I would like to know who made the decision on Douglas Luiz.

If we produce 25 players in a season, sale and buy back clause on half, 10 loaned out with view to build for the future and 4 flop away, whilst one really stands out, by the year 2050 City will have evolved into a far better and bigger beast. The Academy was and always will be work in progress. Seeing Trippier play last night for The New Harry Kane Team and our other homegrown kids that burst onto the scene under Pearce etc shows that over time, we'll add to the world of football. And, if we're now sending players to overseas clubs rather than just Burnley or Ipswich, then we've progressed. It'll take something overly special to break through at City. Foden? Diaz? Much more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.