Angelino

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 29 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobom

bobom

Clearly Pep's is a system that takes some getting used to. Lots of players have said that it took them the best part of a season for the penny to drop.

So if we bring in new players and let others go, there's a cost in terms of disruption to the team. And I think in neither Angelino nor Maffeo's case is it justified to sell a good player that knows the system (Delph, Danilo) for a very promising young player who doesn't.

If they go away and play in other clubs and prove that they're worth it, that's another matter, which is why the buy back clauses seem such a good idea.

For the same reason, it's telling that Diaz and Foden have not gone on loan but have been learning the system so they can step up when they're ready without disruption - to me, that's a strong sign that Pep rates them very highly.

2. i♥city!

i♥city!

We could use Angelino as a wide left midfielder, he has the pace, energy and crosses to fill up the left wing position in a 3-5-2 formation. I would love to see him get a chance.

3. Gabriel

Gabriel

4. mcfc482

mcfc482

Not great if we let him go without a pre season. Club is becoming more dissapointing with young players if this is the case. First Maffeo, now Angelino. We would be happy in buying a similar player in Grimaldo but will not give this guy a chance.

5. Delphinho

Delphinho

The rumors about De Ligt and Skriniar bids might imply that we will play 3atb more next season, and if that`s the case Angelino would be a great backup to Mendy. Delph has been superb, but might not be good enough to play wingback in a 3-5-2. He`s amazing in a 4atb though. Should at least give Angelino some playing time in the preseason. Offensively he`s fantastic and I think a lot of people underrate how good he is

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Close to a 5m Euro deal.

8. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Perhaps Pep see`s something in these young players that you don`t.He will have had constant feedback from his own staff, who I understand travel a lot to take their own personal views on most of our loanees.
    In Pep I trust.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He's allegedly seen as too weak defensively.

This deal to PSV looks to be the best for all parties.We get a decent amount of cash with conditions(buyback/sell on...) PSV pay a fair price,the lad gets to play football for a good team and we can further monitor his progress.

It's the future :-)

10. Damanino

Damanino

As I said before only time our youngster will come trough and given first team games I mean real chances not 2 minutes subs every 3 month will be when clubs like PSg, Bayern, Barca, Real will be ready to snap them up. Until teams like Galata, PSV, Stuttgart etc are the next transfer for them it means they are not good enough for City.

If Foden will have a choice in 3 years time to go to Real, Barca or stay City we will keep him. If his choices will be to go to Leicester, Sevilla, Celtic we wont even give him many chances even if he does well on loan somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.