Angelino

I can only assume that there is a non footballing related issue with him because he is absolutely a very capable LB

I can only assume that there is a non footballing related issue with him because he is absolutely a very capable LB

Maybe he has an inferiority complex. Prefers a lower pressure team with guaranteed football.

Personally I just think hes not physical enough for english football. Small slow and technical is perfect for european football, but you get found out by worse players in england if you cant keep pace with them

Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I could tell on the highlights he was not playing LB when he scored 2 goals. He was playing in attack, on the left wing.

As I said previously I dont no were you get that opinion from,
Watched the lad from youth level,plus loans,now your saying he got no ball control.am surprised anyone went him for him,1 off the best players in the league in Holland,
Only played 12 games(6PL) here which is nothing seeing it takes time to adjust to the system,
It's funny the Delph/ Zink who played full backs get applauded first time they play there even tho there natural position is midfield then all of a sudden there fking shit and should get rid off.
Besides aka, & after Zabba only Walker is a true class fb,
I still think he a better option than what we've got at present..
I agree with a lot of the points you make.

I am only judging his failure while playing for city as a lb not an lwb or lw. I can acknowledge that he has played very well for other teams.

Simple passes not made, defensively he was lost and exposed and his confidence in attack suffered. He plays better in a team with less expectation were the pressure is not the same.

Delph and zin got rightly applauded at the time as they both played very good in an unnatural position. You have to cut them a bit of slack.

Does he deserve another shot? yes. Is he good enough based on his last appearances for city? Not so sure. Either way get him back and we can find out.

Last edited:
Never given a proper chance in my opinion. Never had a run of 5/6 games starting. Better than Mendy for sure. He can run so that’s instantly better.
Agreed,when we activated the clause in his contract,did we ever consider him as a useful member of our squad? or was he always seen as a profit making exercise?

Given his talent,and the predicament we find ourselves in.....his treatment and situation seem not only unfair,but also peculiar.

He was pretty terrible when he first came back - I think he played a couple of pre-season games and looked awful. I agree that he did not seem to get a real run after this and he does look good for his loan team - he would certainly be a useful option to have at the moment.

There had to be something seriously amiss for the club to be so willing to move him on so early. For Pep to have been so cold on him means there had to be some issue.

I can believe it if you were to tell me Angelino pushed for a move but then why would he have done so so swiftly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.