Angus Gunn(On loan at Norwich)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by PrezIke, 5 Aug 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decmancity

decmancity

Will be moved on, it is no good for him sat on the bench and playing in cup games.

2. Jimbob

Jimbob

Excellent tonight for Norwich v Chelsea, unlucky to go out on penalties in the end.

3. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Really impressive in both games against Chelsea, will be a big help in getting him a good PL loan next year. The unfortunate thing is that he looks too good to stay here as backup and will probably have to move on a permanent basis for his own career.

4. cjn

cjn

Might be sooner than we think. He only has two years left after this on his current deal, unless we can extend without the promise of playing time he'll be gone this summer.

5. stonerblue

stonerblue

Looked very solid last night, penalties aside.

6. eversince 76

eversince 76

Great performance, but from what I saw his distribution needs working on. And that is in Peps mind, a very if not the most important issue.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Expected to be called up for England's friendlies against Holland and Italy later this month. [Mirror]

On the few occasions i have been fortunate to watch him this season,this news is not unexpected and it's fully deserved.His ability and form is as good,if not better,than any of his compatriots.

8. domalino

domalino

That would be amazing for Gunn, because while I think England are devoid of a good enough goalkeeper at the moment, there's plenty of "not quite good enough" ones - Foster, Forster, Pope, Heaton, 2018 Hart.

To get called up as an alternative 3rd choice to them (Pickford and Butland are obviously the main 2) is a pretty big deal, and presumably a signal that the England set up think he's going to be starting for a Premier League club soon enough.

I thought he was better than Pickford when both were in the u21's and I don't think anything Pickford's done at Everton has changed my mind. Depending on where he goes next season, Gunn could be England's number 1 by Euro 2020.

9. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Watched Gunn a few times on the box and looks a very capable and confident keeper , but he will only make the grade with Pep if he is exceptional with his feet and his distribution and when i have seen him play Norwich's tactics invariably use a long clearance , so although we can wax lyrical about another potential England keeper amongst our ranks ,it will be his suitabilty to Pep's system that will define his future at the club .The fact he is the best England keeper really doesnt amount to much because his "compatriots" are at best average , and being Englands number one certainly didnt enhance Joe Hart's career at our club.

10. blueparrot

blueparrot

He is on the edge of the England squad there is no going back to sitting on a bench, he will move on this summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.