Angus Gunn

Don’t really understand this one from Southampton’s point of view. Yeah he’s a cracking young ‘keeper, but he isn’t going to be first choice this season, surely? They already have two decent ‘keepers in McCarthy & Forster who are both on a very similar level, so I don’t see where Angus fits into that equation in terms of him having more first team opportunities there than with us?

Definitely wish him the best though and of course it’d be amazing to one day activate that buy-back clause and have him as our number 1.

Don’t really understand this one from Southampton’s point of view. Yeah he’s a cracking young ‘keeper, but he isn’t going to be first choice this season, surely? They already have two decent ‘keepers in McCarthy & Forster who are both on a very similar level, so I don’t see where Angus fits into that equation in terms of him having more first team opportunities there than with us?

Definitely wish him the best though and of course it’d be amazing to one day activate that buy-back clause and have him as our number 1.
Southampton want to get rid of Forster

I feel like our youth policy is a money making scheme operating under the façade of bringing in young talent. No one is getting a look in really. It's a good way to raise money don't get me wrong but let's not pretend any of our young players are ever gonna get a serious shot at starting
Want to know why none of the young players are getting a serious shot? Rearrange the following words to find out:
Good. Not. Enough.

I know i am selfish but Bravo did win a trophy, he did play all cup games and two meaningless games at the end of the season, which may have stopped Ederson getting the golden gloves, that is more than enough for a young goalkeeper i think? but also Gunn is not necessarily going to be first choice at Southampton McCarthy is better than him at the moment
McCarthy isn't better than him imo. Bravo is in his thirties, Gunn isn't that much younger than the current England goalkeeper.

McCarthy isn't better than him imo. Bravo is in his thirties, Gunn isn't that much younger than the current England goalkeeper.
The difference between McCarthy/Pickford and Gunn is Premier League appearances though. Yes you have to start somewhere but I think McCarthy will start the season number 1 based purely on experience.

The difference between McCarthy/Pickford and Gunn is Premier League appearances though. Yes you have to start somewhere but I think McCarthy will start the season number 1 based purely on experience.
My opinion is the manager will be watching them in training and even if he starts there he won't be there long. Remember McCarthy was their 2nd choice keeper at the start of last season, he wasn't great when he came in either, they're signing Gunn in the hope of replacing him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.