Animosity towards County

Cheadle Ender said:
ChesterRdBlue said:
I used to go to the odd County game with a few mates, none of us supported them and the majority of their fans were complete divs so we used to always go in the Railway end with whoever were playing against County, it was a better atmosphere and we had some pretty funny times in there, seems a bit weird now looking back, but I suppose my point is I've never liked really liked them and that only got worse when we weren't doing so well, but as the old saying goes, he who laughs last.....

Divs, isn't that a rag term for City fans? you've been spending too long on Chester Road and give us an example of the teams you supported from the Railway End and why the atmosphere was better.
Just fuck off now lad.

Cheadle Ender said:
Divs, isn't that a rag term for City fans? you've been spending too long on Chester Road and give us an example of the teams you supported from the Railway End and why the atmosphere was better.

I don't know why you're still here. Try as you might, you're not going to change anyones minds on a message board.

Cheadle Ender said:
Hello all, I've just read a thread from this site that was posted on a County message board and was surprised at some of the animosity aimed at us, I appreciate that it works both ways but all the blame for starting it seems to lie with us as far as you're concerned.
I have always liked and admired City and often go along to watch them if County are not playing, but let me take you back a few years. I used to go in the Sherwood before games at Maine Road and was always made to feel welcome, I went with a group of City fans from Stockport and a lot of people in the pub knew me. Things changed after we beat you the first time, I went in the Sherwood as usual, I can't remember who you were playing but people were saying that I had a nerve going in there, they'd known for years that I was a County fan, some were pretty aggressive.
The night we beat you at Maine Road, my friend's daughter was punched because she had the cheek to wear a County scarf, this is a young university student not a mouthy chav, another bunch of County fans who got off the 192 in levenshulme were savagely beaten, one had both legs broken, again these were decent people.
One thing that tickled me in the thread that had been posted on our message board was some referred to us as inbreds, most of us come from places like Heaton Moor, Bramhall, Cheadle Hulme, Marple, Woodsmoor and Romiley, all leafy suburbs and hardly dualling banjos country.
I think this whole thing has gone way too far, you're a much bigger club than us but we enjoyed our time in the sun, we'd grown up taking stick from our City and United mates and I make no apologies for enjoying it when we matched you for a while. But I wish you well and will be back at Eastlands soon supporting you as I have done for many years, just not with the passion I have for County, good luck for the future.

Cheadle Ender

my fathering law supports county and his sons city, hes been to quite a few games of city`s over the years, he hates the rags as much as us, i myself alway hope to see northern teams beat southern, lancashire teams beat yorkshire team, well nearly always ;-)

Cheadle Ender said:
Hello all, I've just read a thread from this site that was posted on a County message board and was surprised at some of the animosity aimed at us, I appreciate that it works both ways but all the blame for starting it seems to lie with us as far as you're concerned.
I have always liked and admired City and often go along to watch them if County are not playing, but let me take you back a few years. I used to go in the Sherwood before games at Maine Road and was always made to feel welcome, I went with a group of City fans from Stockport and a lot of people in the pub knew me. Things changed after we beat you the first time, I went in the Sherwood as usual, I can't remember who you were playing but people were saying that I had a nerve going in there, they'd known for years that I was a County fan, some were pretty aggressive.
The night we beat you at Maine Road, my friend's daughter was punched because she had the cheek to wear a County scarf, this is a young university student not a mouthy chav, another bunch of County fans who got off the 192 in levenshulme were savagely beaten, one had both legs broken, again these were decent people.
One thing that tickled me in the thread that had been posted on our message board was some referred to us as inbreds, most of us come from places like Heaton Moor, Bramhall, Cheadle Hulme, Marple, Woodsmoor and Romiley, all leafy suburbs and hardly dualling banjos country.
I think this whole thing has gone way too far, you're a much bigger club than us but we enjoyed our time in the sun, we'd grown up taking stick from our City and United mates and I make no apologies for enjoying it when we matched you for a while. But I wish you well and will be back at Eastlands soon supporting you as I have done for many years, just not with the passion I have for County, good luck for the future.

Cheadle Ender

i hope you go bust, rockport cunty no more......

people have got rose tinted glasses on when they look back to the good old friendly days
those games when we played them pre season were always a right old tear up
You wouldnt expect it any other way
Regardless of whether city were helping county out on a commercial basis
there were always two sets of lads who went to fight
remember bedlam in the corner of cheadle end and is it the pop side?

likewise - they beat us - and are bound to take the p1ss
its the way it goes

I didnt enoy it - especially at MR, but I wouldnt expect county not to enjoy the moment

Cheadle Ender said:
only1paulsimpson said:
Cheadle Ender said:
only1paulsimpson said:
i know for a fact that whenever citys score was mentioned at half time when we was in the same division
that when city were losing it got the biggest cheer of the day.
also the vast majority of county fans still see city as a rival and seem to think we are a equal standing as a club!!!
where as the county fans do not have the hatred for utd that they have for city.
but we help you out most pre seasons with a friendley.....well its time for the charity to stop!!!!
i for one hope you go bust and disappear into oblivion!!!!as for the collection tomorrow....f@*k off!!!

The collection isn't going ahead, we have absolutely no connection with United, never have had and never will have, we know we're not your rivals and that's why the animosity surpises me.
If City are losing there is a cheer at EP, there is also a cheer if you're winning, the same happens when United's score is announced.
county fans hate city,end of.
i as a city fan and live in stockport will never give a penny to county.
by the way you mention earlier the county fans that got a kicking after the game at maine road.....but you fail
to mention the county fans that were turning over cars with families inside after the game because they had city colours on.
county are bitter scum..allways have been and allways will be.

Don't forget the old lady on her zimmer frame that 50 of us ganged up on because she had a sky blue coat on and that baby that got beaten up for having a shky bule hat, come on get real, there no cars turned over with or without families in. You should be ashamed of yourself for hating your local club.
fuck off,i saw your county scum actually doing it.and yes i do hte your poor little club,i hope you rot and your biggest game is against woodley fc!!!
no grow up and go do your jobs for your mum & dad!!!
your only on here because the little the club you are you probably dont have a forum.
turn up a eastlands wearing your county gear and see how much city hate county for your small minded attitude.

Im shocked to read that we hate Stockport I remember a big fella named Beefheart a fanzine writer for Stockport always used to come to city matches, as Did a Few other County Fans because County played on Fridays

Seems somethings gone wrong with our friendship that's passed me by

Cheadle Ender said:

Cheadle Ender

Unfortunately the modern football 'fan' spends more time and energy slagging off other clubs, even their own sometimes, that may have a tenuous reason to be 'hated', rather than supporting their own team.

just to recap robi

back in the days, a lot of city fans used to go watching stockport on friday nights.....some city fans going as far as donating large amounts of cash to the club or sponsoring match balls, etc

now when we were relegated about 10 years ago, stockport fans took it upon themselves to start slagging city and stating they were better, bigger, etc
when they beat us in the league it was as if they had won the fa cup, added to that, their tannoy announcer gave the results out to our matches calling us donkeys

this after we had supported and raised cash for the ungrateful twats....not to mention the kicking off with city fans too

as i said before on this thread robi, if they bite the hand that feeds them then they have pissed on their chips

thats a brief summary mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.