Anjem Choudary

in my opinion anyone who advocates shariah law in predominantly non muslim country like UK is being unjust to the muslim community in that respective country and islam as a religion. The first and the foremost requirement for shariah law according to islam is that the country itself has to be a muslim country, ruled by the muslims and if that requirement isnt fulfilled, the question of shariah law is dead right there and then. There are simply no ifs and buts.

One can be critical of goverment policies but if anyone thinks that justifies supporting terrorist organizations in anyway knowing fully well how they are against the tenants of islam is nothing but a crook.

But there is an argument about the right of free speech, is it only free speech when people say things we agree with? Do we shut down all dissenting voices? Or do we allow them to say what they want and question them, I am not advocating his opinions by the way just a thought experiment really

But there is an argument about the right of free speech, is it only free speech when people say things we agree with? Do we shut down all dissenting voices? Or do we allow them to say what they want and question them, I am not advocating his opinions by the way just a thought experiment really

The 'freedom of speech' Choudray will happily cite for his defence, would ironically be one of the first things stopped if he had his way and Shariah was implemented here ....

Freedom of speech in the UK is a bit of a myth. Some people think it gives them the right to spout any vile opinion they want without any consequences. However, it is not an absolute right, so there are exceptions. Inciting racial hatred is one of them and rightly so. In fact there are so many loopholes and exceptions that freedom of speech in the UK is pretty much a fantasy.

Freedom of speech is why it took so long to get him arrested for anything. It a when it crosses over into promoting violence that it becomes an issue. Even westboro baptist church are very careful to never actually tell others to kill gay people.

Freedom of speech is secondary to inciting racial hatred so he's on to a loser straight away.

It's not like we can have truly free speech, just look at the CoC here for a start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.