Annual Report - 2019/20

I'm repeating myself from earlier posts but from Page 33 of the Financial Report (see below) it looks like they DID take into account player bonuses based on an assessment of probable player bonuses as at the year end 30th June. This surely has to partially account for the increase in wages particularly if it was an optimistic view relating to Champions League progression.

PLAYER BONUSES
Delays to the completion of the 2019-20 Premier League season, UEFA Champions League
and domestic cup competitions due to COVID-19 meant that an assessment was made,
on a player by player basis, as to whether it was probable that individual player bonuses
would be due and therefore should be accrued in the financial year. All information available
to management on 30 June 2020 was considered when making this assessment.
Yes, I had not read the Financial Report and it is quite obvious they took into account an assessment of the potential liability. It is one of those things where you could decide on almost any figure so long as you had some logical documented reason for your calculation. Personally, I would find it difficult not to be influenced by whatever happened subsequently and I think most companies would be simply looking to present the figures in whatever way they thought suited them best. It will all even out over the two years in any event.

That really doesn't bear thinking about.
In some ways, CAS was our biggest & best result of this new era, quadruple or no quadruple !
We’d have been fcked, I imagine we wouldn’t have seen Kev extend his contract for starters...

Let's all wait for next years report when all this covid bollox has blown over (hopefully)

That will be the one that really matters

Sure it has been mentioned on here, but the bottom line is we are pitiful at selling. We can’t keep spending and not recouping.
Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd get top dollar for cast offs.
It is not as though we have sold a decent amount of proven players. Hell, they all want to stay here.

Did Khaldoon say we would break even over a period ? Said we would be in profit this year right ? Could really do with a good year on and off the pitch help shut everyone up could in theory have a really good summer on the sales side but won’t be as good as could have been if it where not for the pandemic. Any one any ideas on what sales could be ?

Did Khaldoon say we would break even over a period ? Said we would be in profit this year right ? Could really do with a good year on and off the pitch help shut everyone up could in theory have a really good summer on the sales side but won’t be as good as could have been if it where not for the pandemic. Any one any ideas on what sales could be ?
Soriano said that losses would 'normalise' at around £60m for the current financial year and the last, which is the report we've just seen. I didn't quite understand what he meant at first but now realise he was talking about the timing delay in PL & CL revenues. We received some of those after the end of the financial year because of the postponement of games, which were only resumed later in June.

So in the current financial year he's saying we've lost matchday revenue mostly, which is around £60m but had the other revenue flows evened out we'd have only lost £60m last year rather than £126m. Allowing for a £20m loss of matchday revenue that still means a loss of £40m in the last financial year but I suspect a lot of that is down to fighting the CAS case and the subsequent fine, which I think they put in a provision for. The 11% increase in wages is still puzzling though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.