Annual report released - record turnover of £535.2m for 2018/19

Bonuses wouldn't have been that different to the previous year though? We're up almost 20% on the previous year.
There were many contract extensions/improvements and bonuses in that period.

KDB, Sterling, Stones and Walker and probably others.

Another couple of items that might explain the decrease in commercial income could be
a) 12 month reporting period compared to previous seasons 13
b) if I remember rightly, wasn't the Etihad deal front-loaded to help with ffp? So higher payments at start, reducing year on year
Might even show that pro rata we have actually seen an increase in commercial money.....

Another couple of items that might explain the decrease in commercial income could be
a) 12 month reporting period compared to previous seasons 13
b) if I remember rightly, wasn't the Etihad deal front-loaded to help with ffp? So higher payments at start, reducing year on year
Might even show that pro rata we have actually seen an increase in commercial money.....
The 13 month period was 2 years ago, not last year. It's possible the new Etihad deal was front-loaded but we might not have recorded it that way. It's also possible that the Nike deal was originally front-loaded and with 2018/19 being the final year of that arrangement that we got a lot less to balance out the front-loading when it started.

The ones about the loan facility are interesting. I've said before that we probably generate about £120m+ free cash per annum which we would normally spend on players. We don't publish a separate cash flow statement for City so can't say for sure but that's my best guess. CFG however had generated a negative £50m from operations, which suggests City are propping up CFG cash wise. If that's the case I'd be a bit worried.
As a Holding Company can they use losses elsewhere to offset any taxation due?

Does being part of CFG have any sort of positive impact on the club?

Can’t see anything obvious to be honest.
Me neither.

It was the reason Soriano ended up falling out with the Barça board, I think. He wanted to do the same for Barcelona but the board saw no advantages for them in doing so.

When it was first mooted I thought they’d be clubs I’d take an interest in, but to be honest I do not give a shit about any of them and barely ever give them more than one or two thoughts a year.

Excellent analysis of the accounts, as always, from Swiss Ramble (thread):

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.