Another box-to-box midfielder i URGENTLY needed!

Somud

We have at the moment 3 highly static/one-dimensional players in DJ, Barry and Vieira for the midfield, only 1 real box-to-box player in Toure and a Silva whose main weakness is his injuries and inconsistencies. Coming to a new country and league for Silva will always be difficult considering his two main weaknesses. So we desperately need to be patient with him.

That leaves us with a big problem. We are vulnerable regarding the box-to-box position, the position that makes the team tick and drives the team forward. We need domination there if we are to challenge, it was painfully obvious that it was our weak point last season and as it stands, with only Toure to really rely on, we are vulnerable.

Somud said:
We have at the moment 3 highly static/one-dimensional players in DJ, Barry and Vieira for the midfield, only 1 real box-to-box player in Toure and a Silva whose main weakness is his injuries and inconsistencies. Coming to a new country and league for Silva will always be difficult considering his two main weaknesses. So we desperately need to be patient with him.

That leaves us with a big problem. We are vulnerable regarding the box-to-box position, the position that makes the team tick and drives the team forward. We need domination there if we are to challenge, it was painfully obvious that it was our weak point last season and as it stands, with only Toure to really rely on, we are vulnerable.

If we buy 1 more midfielder we looking at them all gettin 1 apperance a season!!!

I thought that a team with 2 wingers would only need 1 box to box midfielder and one DM to keep it tight and pass it on.

So im sure we have enough midfielders really.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pee dubya said:
I agree.

Kwadwo Asamoah
Milner
Schweinsteiger
Barton
Banega
Stankovic
?

The Barton 1 is a wind up surely

Not a wind up, just a lame joke.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 pm --<br /><br />
bluealf said:
I thought that a team with 2 wingers would only need 1 box to box midfielder and one DM to keep it tight and pass it on.

I don't think we'll be playing with 2 wingers though.

bluealf said:

No top team plays a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers. You don't see it in the World Cup and you don't see it in the league. We want to be a top team, and Mancini has never played like that either.

Here's me thinking we played Bellamy on the left nearly all season and Swp/AJ on the right.

Fuck me they arnt wingers now ?

How odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.