Another Champions league revamp...?

As a cup competition the old format was fucking stupid, and today it would 100x worse. Oh fantastic, let's all watch Real Madrid pummel a bunch of teams you've never heard of 8-0 on aggregate until the semi final.

The reality of modern football is that the best teams in the world are spread across 5 countries. If you want an international competition which puts the best against the best, you have to include the best teams.
Oooh i don't know about that, European Cup of years gone by had some superb games and atmosphere. One of the first games i remember watching on the tv was Celtic in 67, with my dad and his mates. A great night. If you want a series of meaningless warm up games before a knockout competition i guess the CL is for you, but change the name of the competion as over 60% are champions of fuckall

The first thing to do is to rename the current competition The European League Cup. "Champions League" is a misnomer.
I see nothing wrong with a knock-out competition for all league winners. Of course the vast majority have zero chance but it is their one chance perhaps to play against a top team. Such a prospect is the best incentive for winning their league and what better thrill for them than a visit stadiums they can only dream of - Nou Camp, Bernabeu and yes, even OT.
You might as well stop non-league clubs competing in the FA cup but just look how far some of them get before being eliminated and the cupsets (Chelsea v Bradford?). The money they receive even for just 1 game can be a life saver.
And finally, weren't we City fans happy to draw Burton Albion?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.