Another Cookie Cock Up Moment - Mariga deal?

Re: Another Cookie Cock Up Moment?

Some people!!!!!!

How is this ever Cook's fault!

Mancini identified a player... Cook / Marwood went about getting the player to agree to sign, and the club to sell, work permit was refused.... we appealed we lost

If anything blame the FA / Premier league... typical bias!.... when was the last time United had a work permit appeal turned down????

If anything we should be applauding Cook / Marwood.... after all it looks like they were involved in a deal that convinced one of the most promising young talents in European football to join ourselves despite interest from Inter Milan (who he has now gone to as a 2nd choice!)

I for one couldnt imagine a player choosing us over Inter Milan a few years ago!

Soulboy said:
Ricster said:
Quite obvious your agenda against Cook as it has been noticed in other Cook threads. Marwood takes to do with the players so you might want to change what your writing!

I have no "agenda" re Cook. I just want our employees to get it right.

I defended him after the Mancini press conference, so I have no axe to grind.

I also say, as you must have read it, that I may be doing him a disservice... but as the top man at the Club, the responsibility falls on him.

Are you saying this deal has been handled well? Seriously?

So if you have no hidden agenda why start a post blaming GK?

Soulboy said:
Now I hope I'm not doing the bloke a disservice, and I'm pointing fingers at him when he doesn't really deserve it... but who the fuck cocked up the MacDonald Mariga deal?

We've been linked with this player for about 7 days now, Mancini must have targeted him at least a week prior to that... so, conservatively, we've had two weeks to look into this deal.

Presumably one of our very well paid employees understands employmemnt law, and how a work permit is obtained? If not, then we could buy in expert opinion. That's how businesses work. Except not at City, seemingly.

We wait until 5 hours before the transfer deadline before finding out that the player doesn't meet the criteria (something that numerous people on here commented upon) and we are made to look like chumps again.

Hopefully the deal may be resurrected... but that's not the point is it?

Who are we employing at the club? Clearly our "richest club in the world / top notch businessmen owners" aren't cutting the mustard.

I await Cook at his next press conference telling the waiting world that "The FA bottled it..."

We want the best players... we need the best administrators.

To be the best you employ the best.

I hope I am proved wrong with this one...

what a dickhead you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cook is a prat, it's well documented with his media involvement and was a Shinawatra appointment, was kept around to see how he could handle the job of the big profile and so far he looks like a clown who has no idea about football.

Soulboy said:
Now I hope I'm not doing the bloke a disservice, and I'm pointing fingers at him when he doesn't really deserve it... but who the fuck cocked up the MacDonald Mariga deal?

We've been linked with this player for about 7 days now, Mancini must have targeted him at least a week prior to that... so, conservatively, we've had two weeks to look into this deal.

Presumably one of our very well paid employees understands employmemnt law, and how a work permit is obtained? If not, then we could buy in expert opinion. That's how businesses work. Except not at City, seemingly.

We wait until 5 hours before the transfer deadline before finding out that the player doesn't meet the criteria (something that numerous people on here commented upon) and we are made to look like chumps again.

Who are we employing at the club? Clearly our "richest club in the world / top notch businessmen owners" aren't cutting the mustard.

I await Cook at his next press conference telling the waiting world that "The FA bottled it..."

Good post, apparently the Kenyan PM got involved and actually got a work permit issued but this was a day too late, now Inter have their man and we may have missed out on a gem!!!

vbr said:
........and so far he looks like a clown who has no idea about football.

Or you could say "....and so far has helped get us on the front and back pages of newspapers all over the world, has made the world realise that there is another club in Manchester (sorry a club in Manchester) i.e. he's done exactly what he is paid to do."

He doesn't need to know that much about football, he does need to know about the BUSINESS of sport.

vbr said:
Cook is a prat, it's well documented with his media involvement and was a Shinawatra appointment, was kept around to see how he could handle the job of the big profile and so far he looks like a clown who has no idea about football.

You seem to miss the point, he is running a business that happens to be a football club, he runs the business side not the footballing side, so get off your fucking white stallion and back the club and everyone involved!!

Biggsy1 said:
Soulboy said:

Good post, apparently the Kenyan PM got involved and actually got a work permit issued but this was a day too late, now Inter have their man and we may have missed out on a gem!!!

Im sure if he was that good we would have done the deal and kept him their untill the end of the season.

I don't understand how people can not rest the blame on Cook/ Marwood for this cockup.

Any ten year old could have told you that here will be a problem with the work permit just by looking at the FIFA rankings.

And to top it all off even the Kenyan PM got involved and managed to get the work permit approved, unfortunately that was too late then.

So the big question is, why the fuck did we leave until THE VERY LAST DAY of the transfer window?
This could have been sorted last week!

Soulboy said:

Resurrected no way, he's gone to Inter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.