Another Ebay question

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
I'm looking at privately buying an old American outboard engine from the States. The vendor is happy to go ahead and I'm to use Global Shipping which I believe is connected to or run by Ebay. Has anybody used it or know roughly what cost for a 30kg package. I cant find anything related to charges. Can only assume they quote or charge at time of collection maybe ??

It’ll be easier for the seller to get a rate but I’d expect something that heavy to be £100-200. Plus you’ll pay import duty on the value of the item set by HMRC so you’ll probably want to factor in another £200 or so for that I’d hazard a guess
its all changed,i bought a car bumper from a US seller and at that time 8 years back no import duty was added the bumper arrived and around a month later HMRC sent me a bill,i didnt pay it and they didnt persue it,probably to many people did what i did

As a seller the global shipping rate is not easily visible as it's set by ebay. The seller will need to set a price for the domestic shipping element - from home to the Global Shipping hub in the US - and put all the weights and measurements into the auction and it will then calculate the total price to the UK that you will be able to see. I suspect it might be high, one outboard I just looked at was quoting $1400 for shipping to the UK.

its all changed,i bought a car bumper from a US seller and at that time 8 years back no import duty was added the bumper arrived and around a month later HMRC sent me a bill,i didnt pay it and they didnt persue it,probably to many people did what i did

I imported some stuff from the US just before Christmas and Parcel force sent me a customs bill which I had to pay before they would deliver it. I thought it was a scam to start with as they don’t give you any details just said pay £x

What does it means when a seller is No longer a registered user....??? I received a total refund from eBay cause seller didn't respond to my messages and then I see he is not registered anymore....

What does it means when a seller is No longer a registered user....??? I received a total refund from eBay cause seller didn't respond to my messages and then I see he is not registered anymore....
Probably saved you a right few bob.. sounds like they shut down a scam.

Cunts.

Nearly had you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.