Another major offensive on the horizon?

Ricster

Just reading a speech online by Admiral Phillip Jones and i cant help but be drawn back to part of his speech which says

"But to meet the breadth and depth of the security challenges we face today, and to have a sense of being able to deal with them going forward, we’re going to need a Navy that can bring a full spectrum of world-beating maritime capabilities to bear, alongside our partners, to deter and if necessary to defeat would-be aggressors who would challenge our nation."

"And that’s exactly how the Royal Navy is adapting, transforming and modernising. And the current Modernising Defence Programme that’s running at the heart of Whitehall is enabling us to do that;"

"The arrival of our new aircraft carriers, Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales, along with their F35B lightning aircraft that will fly from them, means that we too will soon be able to take our place alongside the US Navy and French Navy delivering continuous carrier strike capability as part of a globally deployed maritime task group. That’s a very significant statement for the UK as a nation, not the Royal Navy as a navy, to make."

https://www.gov.uk/government/speec...al-institute-for-strategic-studies-conference

The full speech talks about the importance of defence and security, but an aircraft carriers aim is to strategically position it's air attacks on other countries.
Aircraft Carriers have very limited defence capabilities. Air Force bases aren't only better for defence but they're hugely cheaper as well and come with much less risk.

Yes, a major offensive is on the way. Already I’m flying a Battle Ensign from my balcony and in the morning I’ll be printing out the Articles Of War and issuing them to my neighbours.

EDgXPGtupoKT8p_R2khfp1kx3IpND_WwPRaG_GqFzuGuy00nJDGIHA8Np0T4=w2400

God Save The Queen

Last edited:
Aircraft Carriers have very limited defence capabilities. Air Force bases aren't only better for defence but they're hugely cheaper as well and come with much less risk.

Your looking at the defence of the country rather than the defence of the country's interests, and its not hard to see where thats going to come, the middle east is no real problem because we have Cyprus as a hard base if say Iran kicked off, Russia is no longer the world power or anywhere close, its China currently playing territory grab and they are spending a lot of money expanding their military.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.