Anti depressants..

Sorry for the bump.

I had been taking 20mg of Citalopram for approximately 10 months but last week my dosage increased to 40mg due to the reemergence of some rather dark thoughts.

Whilst I don’t feel particularly anxious or depressed, I have absolutely no energy, its negating the effects of Ritalin and now I am apathetic about being apathetic. My brain is extremely foggy and it’s a big concern that these side effects might not subside anytime soon. :(
I had to jump up from 10mg to 30mg in one go a while ago,the side effects do hit hard with that drug but they don't last for long 3-4 weeks i think it was,messing about with brain chemistry is going to give you some side effects,give your dr a call and he/she can reassure you,over the phone if you can't get an appointment

I had to jump up from 10mg to 30mg in one go a while ago,the side effects do hit hard with that drug but they don't last for long 3-4 weeks i think it was,messing about with brain chemistry is going to give you some side effects,give your dr a call and he/she can reassure you,over the phone if you can't get an appointment
Thanks for your response.

Yesterday, my doctor said to wait another two weeks to see if things improve for me.

I am probably contradicting myself here but the chronic fatigue, profound lack of motivation and ‘brain fog’ are extremely disconcerting right now.

My memory isn’t the best but I don’t recall experiencing any side effects on the 20mg.

Moreover, I am worried about the potential long term effects that SSRIs and CNS stimulants are having on my brain.

Thanks for your response.

Yesterday, my doctor said to wait another two weeks to see if things improve for me.

I am probably contradicting myself here but the chronic fatigue, profound lack of motivation and ‘brain fog’ are extremely disconcerting right now.

My memory isn’t the best but I don’t recall experiencing any side effects on the 20mg.

Moreover, I am worried about the potential long term effects that SSRIs and CNS stimulants are having on my brain.
It's a hefty drug and jumping up the dose is a bit scary,mucked me right up till i got used to it,try not to worry about it too much,give it another 2 weeks as he said and review it then,As for the longer term effects that is something you will have to discuss with your dr,might be worth asking to be referred to the mental heath team to review everything for you as they have more experience than your average GP,they may be able to guide you better individual to your needs

Thanks for your advice.

I am scheduled to have counselling in a few weeks’ time, so hopefully that will help with regards to anxiety, depression, depersonalisation etc.

I got put on high dose of Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine and for the first time in my life I'm a fatty.
They have helped, though I'm quite sure my recovery from clinical depression is down to other factors also.

I plan to reduce the dose.

Sertraline is my current prescription - side effects have been weight gain and fluctuations in libido. But the gains outweigh the side effects - they have really helped with my issues and generally make me feel better

I don't like them, I don't like the way they hand them out, not a fan at all.
It's treatment for an illness like any other,there is no need to have a hang up about needing them,they don't make you happy just gives you a period of stability so you can make decisions and get your life back together

It's treatment for an illness like any other,there is no need to have a hang up about needing them,they don't make you happy just gives you a period of stability so you can make decisions and get your life back together

Personally, I bought 5-HTP supplements when my head was up my arse.

Reality is my head was up my arse because of alcohol. Everyone I know, who is or has been on anti depressants, has been drinking a depressant most nights.

So I stopped drinking and took 5-HTP.

Got given Cilatopram by a locum 15 years ago, woke up in hospital after a week. My Doctor refused to give me any and told me to stop drinking, if only I'd have listened then.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.