Anti-mask movement

Why don't the supermarket staff have to wear them? And why is it only from next Friday compulsory to wear one? Are we more at risk from next Friday? And are supermarket staff immune from Friday?

Why don't the supermarket staff have to wear them? And why is it only from next Friday compulsory to wear one? Are we more at risk from next Friday? And are supermarket staff immune from Friday?

It gives everyone time to go out and get a mask, don't ask stupid questions you know the answer to. It's exactly the reason why we got time to prepare for lockdown, why pubs got notice of reopening, why every law is announced before it's enforced.

A lot of supermarket employees are wearing them near me, but anyway it's a lot easier for you to wear a mask for 30 minutes in the supermarket than for them to wear it for 8+ hours.

A lot of supermarket employees are wearing them near me, but anyway it's a lot easier for you to wear a mask for 30 minutes in the supermarket than for them to wear it for 8+ hours.

OK, so is employee comfort more important than 'protecting the nhs' and 'saving lives'?

So just to clarify.

To take a stand against the government making you wear a mask, you are wearing a different type of mask.

I didn’t say I’m taking a stand against wearing a mask. I said I don’t agree with the government giving the police powers to fine people who don’t.

Edit: I also don’t agree with them not providing the masks.

I didn’t say I’m taking a stand against wearing a mask. I said I don’t agree with the government giving the police powers to fine people who don’t.

And to protest that power to fine people not wearing masks, you are going to...wear a ski mask.

What next? Protesting 30mph speed limits by driving at 29mph?

Perhaps wearing the balaklava in July has cooked your brain, but all you're doing is complying in a way that make you look a tit and will be very uncomfortable.

just had a week in majorca all the spanish and other nationalitys wore them all the time in shops and restaraunts etc the only ones who kept having to be told were the brits and some were quite agressive but soon fell into line when they were told no mask no beer,

That's quite interesting. We are due to go to Majorca for the family holiday (that we've spent the last 6 months totally certain wouldn't happen until about a fortnight ago where it now looks like it will unless we cancel it ourselves and end up out of pocket) in August so was wondering how it was working over there in terms of masks etc.

OK, so is employee comfort more important than 'protecting the nhs' and 'saving lives'?

Nurses are coming down with headaches and blurred vision for spending too much time working on COVID wards, due to wearing the masks all day.

I think it’s overkill to expect staff to wear them for their whole shift.

I genuinely can't believe people are bothered by having to wear one.

It protects you, the people in your family and the people around you in the area you are in.

I wouldn't mind if it became the social norm when people are unwell.

Last edited:
That's quite interesting. We are due to go to Majorca for the family holiday (that we've spent the last 6 months totally certain wouldn't happen until about a fortnight ago where it now looks like it will unless we cancel it ourselves and end up out of pocket) in August so was wondering how it was working over there in terms of masks etc.
they were tempreature testing before they allowed you in restaraunts and at the airport,you can take your masks off atthe tables and by the pools,they were bringing in a rule where you need to wear a mask walking down the street as we were leaving.a lot was closed but due to open this weekend,felt much safer than england to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.