Antonio Cassano

So where would Cassano play???

The only place I could see him fitting a system for us would be an Italian 4-3-2-1:

Ireland-De Jong-Barry
---Tevez--Cassano
-----Adebayor-----

Maybe Vieira for Ireland when more defensive steel is needed.

If he is not playing for Italy for the same reason that Taylor did not pick Chris Waddle ( ie; Taylor was a complete knob) then I think we should have a gamble on him.

Looks like top drawer to me and the more characters around the place the better.

However; Where would this leave Stevie Ireland in the pecking order and he is as mad as a box of Frogs.

ifiwasarichfan said:
If he is not playing for Italy for the same reason that Taylor did not pick Chris Waddle ( ie; Taylor was a complete knob) then I think we should have a gamble on him.

Looks like top drawer to me and the more characters around the place the better.

However; Where would this leave Stevie Ireland in the pecking order and he is as mad as a box of Frogs.

But Cassano is a support forward, Ireland is an attacking midfielder. Cassano has to have at least 3 players behind him, while Ireland need only two (e.g. Barry-DJ).

If the idea is to play him in the 1st team then Im not sure, as we have Tévez, Bellamy, Petrov, SWP, Robinho (Gone?), Adebayor, RSC, and Ireland already, but he'd certainly be good to have around...

keemcfc said:
If the idea is to play him in the 1st team then Im not sure, as we have Tévez, Bellamy, Petrov, SWP, Robinho (Gone?), Adebayor, RSC, and Ireland already, but he'd certainly be good to have around...

Cassano is not a player to "have around" though. Keep in mind, Cassano is completely crazy, and can cause all sorts of huge disruptions in the dressing room. Slagging people off, hitting people, it's just insane what this player could do. And where would he play? We have Tevez and Bellamy who both play the same position, and we need a big tall striker like Ade/RSC to play too. So it's a dead end the way I see it. If Cassano doesn't play all matches, all the time, he will throw huge tantrums.

Somud said:
keemcfc said:

Cassano is not a player to "have around" though. Keep in mind, Cassano is completely crazy, and can cause all sorts of huge disruptions in the dressing room. Slagging people off, hitting people, it's just insane what this player could do. And where would he play? We have Tevez and Bellamy who both play the same position, and we need a big tall striker like Ade/RSC to play too. So it's a dead end the way I see it. If Cassano doesn't play all matches, all the time, he will throw huge tantrums.

Agree I would rather have a replacement for Ade/Rocky. Just don't see where this guy would fit in. We have grater needs elsewhere

simon23 said:
dont know anything about him as I dont watch Italian football

What is he like???...whats his best position??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rRX8GzJNEI&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rRX8GzJ ... re=related</a>

get a load of this.. as just a flash of his touch and poise on the ball, and awareness of who is around him and where the goal is.

his passing is bloody good too.

if it's true and we are 'in' for him, I'd trust Mancini implicitly and think he'd be a great success for us.

MCFCinUSA said:
simon23 said:
dont know anything about him as I dont watch Italian football

What is he like???...whats his best position??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rRX8GzJNEI&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rRX8GzJ ... re=related</a>

get a load of this.. as just a flash of his touch and poise on the ball, and awareness of who is around him and where the goal is.

his passing is bloody good too.

if it's true and we are 'in' for him, I'd trust Mancini implicitly and think he'd be a great success for us.

He's class, that last touch was almost Samaras-like. But yeah, really good player, i hope we do get him, Bellamy, Cassano, Tevez etc, defences will be scared shitless with that sort of pace and energy.

If he comes here (Which i Hope he does as he is a very good player) were going to have a dressing room full of mental patients. Cassano, Bellamy, De jong, Ireland, Tevez etc. But as well as being mental (Mental in a joke sort of way) they are all class players and each and everyone puts 100% effort in every performance. The only thing i worry with about Cassano is his attitude towards refs and other players, he will end up scoring a hat trick and getting sent off in his first game....... Still i like him for his crazy antics on the pitch. COME TO CITY CASSANO!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.