Any Blues in Clitheroe/Accrington area?

Salfordian Blue

I've been living with the Wife's folks - which is as fun as it sounds - in Clitheroe, Lancashire for a few years now. To be honest, I have never been around many City fans. I'm sure you folks will find this understandable, given my native Salford is like one giant Rag HQ. I don't really know anyone around here and the few footballs fans I have spoken to in pubs are either into Blackburn or Burnley. And of course there are the United fans. You can't escape them fuckers. Likewise, you get the odd Scouser knocking around. You can here them coming a mile off. Just listen for the ruffle of their shellsuits.

Although I have seen a fair few of the local kids wearing City shirts - that's what winning a title does, I suppose - I've yet to meet an adult fan. Anyone here living around this area, or know of a fan that does? It would be nice to have someone to watch the matches/talk football with. Or even just to have a beer with at one of the local pubs. Speaking of which, the Irish barman who works at the pub over the road from me is the spits of Shay Given. It's uncanny. I swear, the man could be his twin brother. He also hates the rags, which is a nice bonus indeed.

East Lancashire blues based in Rossendale has members from Burnley, Accrington, Rawtenstall, Bacup etc

Next meeting is at the Woolpack in Hasligden, near the huge Tesco, at 18.45pm for the Real Madrid game

I'm based in the metropolis of Accrington...if you were heading to a home match and ever needed a lift or anything just pm me.

I've also been intending to go to one of the East Lancs Branches meetings..I think they've used the Alma Inn in Baxenden before too.

Evo49 said:
I'm based in the metropolis of Accrington...if you were heading to a home match and ever needed a lift or anything just pm me.

I've also been intending to go to one of the East Lancs Branches meetings..I think they've used the Alma Inn in Baxenden before too.
It alternates between the Alma and the Woolpack depending on if the scum are playing same night

Evo49 said:

Cheers mate, you're a star. I've not been to a match since the days of Maine Road, shockingly. I'll throw in towards the fuel etc.

Just been looking on the East Lancs website. Tempted to get in touch with the chairman, see about a group meet up/find out about Clitheroe members.

Thanks a bucketload to both you and Squirty for the help.

I grew up around that area, can only remember about 2 City fans, like mentioned mostly Burnley or Blackburn although a lot of them went to support Utd when they started to get a little success.

I would suggest you get down to the Black Horse near the cement works whenever City are on the box... a few Blues frequent this place.

PM me if you want further info mate.

Have worked in those areas , Nelson , Accrington , Colne , Burnley etc often enough to know that they certainly aren't areas where many City fans tend to live ..... mostly Burnley , Blackburn , rags , even came across the odd Leeds fans here and there.

Having said that the two guys who used to sit next to me in Kippax upper at Maine Road lived in Blackburn.

Salfordian Blue said:
Cheers mate, you're a star. I've not been to a match since the days of Maine Road, shockingly. I'll throw in towards the fuel etc.

Just been looking on the East Lancs website. Tempted to get in touch with the chairman, see about a group meet up/find out about Clitheroe members.

Thanks a bucketload to both you and Squirty for the help.
Yeah, I know the guy who made that website. He's an utter knob.

If there's any more you need to know about the branch, let me know. We've got a member in Simonstone so that might help with transport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.