any Broadband/BT line experts on here

bluemanc

HERE: R.I.P SCAR YOU WILL BE SADLY MISSED FELLA.
i was asked if i wanted to speed up my connection by orange for the same money so i went for it,well since then nothing but problems wireless will connect to the internet but will not open a webpage my speetouch struggles like a sod to connect,i've had both these on other pc's & they work fine.
Orange are givin me free internet time plus they say the exchange has been worked on heavily to repair many problems & i should not have been offered the upgrade because my line cannot take it..........right the question is is it possible to lower the mbps once it's been raised which is what i assume they are going to TRY to do????????????????.
CHEERS PEOPLE.

it is possable to lower speeds, and they do it by remote too. i am with tiscali and when you ring them, they are in india and reset my line. which if you dont tell them will stay at half speed.

I would tell them to sort it or you will be requesting your MAC code (your BB code for your line) and leaving orange to find a more suitible supplyer.

i would also threaten to send a letter to the consumer pages in one of the national papers, and to the broadband watchdog, because in effect you have been sold and are paying for a survace you are not getting, see what that does.

D

ukmanchesterdan said:
it is possable to lower speeds, and they do it by remote too. i am with tiscali and when you ring them, they are in india and reset my line. which if you dont tell them will stay at half speed.

I would tell them to sort it or you will be requesting your MAC code (your BB code for your line) and leaving orange to find a more suitible supplyer.

i would also threaten to send a letter to the consumer pages in one of the national papers, and to the broadband watchdog, because in effect you have been sold and are paying for a survace you are not getting, see what that does.

D
Cheers mate they have lowered it & it is a okay except that i have to go into internet protocol & reset tcp/ip settings when the connection fails then it works,i'm gonna set the wireless back up later but i'll bet the same ftp passive/active errors come up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.