Any crown greeners on here?

big gaz

Just putting a shine on my balls, sorry bowls prior to nipping to broadway park for a few ends.
Maybe more aimed at the mature bluemooner but who plays and where.

I used to play as a kid. My dad still plays now for a vets team in Reddish. I played for debdale park and Denton park in the 'grown ups' team when i was about 12. I won a few junior championships along the way, then i hit 16 and realised bowling wasn't seen as the coolest thing to be good at, so i stopped playing. I'm 39 now and have a game every now and again. Maybe one day i'll start again.

Only ever played it once years ago as part of a works thing, against the local police, strangely enough. It is actually a really good game and I enjoyed it a lot, but it does suffer from an image problem.
It is something I'd consider taking up when I'm a bit more 'mature'.

The olds play 3 or 4 times a week, I used to muck about a few year ago and played in a charity match last year.

I tried it when I was younger, it's a game that requires a lot of skill and patience, I agree it does suffer from an image problem and I can see why older people like it as it's not to strenuous and requires more thinking than physical ability

i have played it a few times at hwmc in reddish,it quite popular with you people and you can earn a few quid at it.

Stevinio said:
I used to play as a kid. My dad still plays now for a vets team in Reddish. I played for debdale park and Denton park in the 'grown ups' team when i was about 12. I won a few junior championships along the way, then i hit 16 and realised bowling wasn't seen as the coolest thing to be good at, so i stopped playing. I'm 39 now and have a game every now and again. Maybe one day i'll start again.

You sound like me matey.
I played as a kid and was selected for Cheshire juniors

big gaz said:
Just putting a shine on my balls, sorry bowls prior to nipping to broadway park for a few ends.
Maybe more aimed at the mature bluemooner but who plays and where.

Play regularly in Preston - Haslam Park, Lane Ends and Ashton Park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.