Any electricians/alarm technicians on here?

Nope, it's got us completely baffled mate! Have looked literally everywhere and still can't locate it, doesn't make any sense.
Owt like my house the mrs has probably moved it, then denied having seen it at all :)
I’m not an expert but I had some mither with mine, turned out to be a faulty battery. However you’re gonna have to find that box..

Nope, it's got us completely baffled mate! Have looked literally everywhere and still can't locate it, doesn't make any sense.
If you have a cupboard under your stairs have a nosy in there. That 's where ours was in the old house.

Without the owners or engineers code you cannot reset the codes or prevent the a larm sounding------it would not be much of a deterrent if you could!
However you can reset it to the default original settings.
Turn off the mains supply to the panel ( probably at a fuse unit nearby, or at the electric consumer unit)
Open the panel.(If the batteries are in good condition the alarm will ring so don't, do this at night!)
Disconnect the battery terminals (The bell box battery will still be ringing the bell).
Wait about 5 minutes.( It will seem a long time if the bell is ringing) whilst the panel reverts.
Refit the battery (ideally a new one) and within seconds close the panel cover AND press "reset" on keypad TWICE. An assistant may help with the essential need for speed.
The users code will now be 0123 and the engineers 9999.
Restore main power.
You can restart if anything goes wrong, or let the batteries run down --disconnect the mains supply.
Hopefully the house will be programmed simply and the default settings will suit your needs.If not the settings can be changed.
Doing this will make your situation no worse if you do subsequently find a need to call
L out an engineer to do the job.
Change the codes

Had a power outage today (caused by a faulty washing machine), and when we put the power back on the house alarm goes off and won’t let us key in the code to turn it off. Had to switch that circuit off, but the kids bedrooms are on the same circuit. This is what the display shows. Any advice greatly appreciated!
View attachment 14115
Hi mate, just a few things to try,
Are you sure the power to the alarm is back on?
Why did you have to switch off the kids bedroom circuit if it was the washing machine that was faulty?
If the alarm is on the same circuit as the kids bedroom, my guess the alarm box is near the bedroom, have you tried the loft?

Hi mate, just a few things to try,
Are you sure the power to the alarm is back on?
Why did you have to switch off the kids bedroom circuit if it was the washing machine that was faulty?
If the alarm is on the same circuit as the kids bedroom, my guess the alarm box is near the bedroom, have you tried the loft?
Thanks mate. The power to the alarm is off at the moment - as soon as it goes back on it triggers the alarm.

The washing machine tripped the electricity for the whole house, and as soon as we switched it back on the alarm went off. We just switched off the kids bedroom circuit to stop the alarm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.