Any Gardeners?

Re: Any Gardener's?

BlueBearBoots said:
stony said:
BlueBearBoots said:
ooops watch out for the grammar police.

As to your question nope sorry - would not lay any feckin grass spent all days yesterday cutting mine :(

I bet you've flattened some grass in your time though.

nothing better than a good romp in the outdoors ;)

Look, I've not shaken off this hangover yet, and damp grass plays havoc with my sciatica, so we'll have to put the dogging off until we get some decent weather.
Last time we attempted al fresco sex you ended up with a Brazilian off a passing combine harvester.
Back on topic, B&Q is a good shout, as is Offerton Sand & Gravel if you are anywhere near Hazel Grove.

Challenger1978 said:
levets said:
Anybody know where I can purchase 2 or 3 rolls of turf? Everywhere I tried has a minimum 20 rolls WTF?

I've not bought any turf yet as I've just been leveling my front and back gardens for turfing, so i have been looking. Anyway my dad was telling me on Sunday that B&Q sell turf and they're not to bad. I've also found plenty of place online near me (Liverpool) that will sell turf in any amounts. Maybe if you look online you could find something.

B&Q are the ones who quoted minimum 20 rolls

Have you tried William Hills ?

I have it on good authority they are turf accountants.

levets said:
Challenger1978 said:
levets said:
Anybody know where I can purchase 2 or 3 rolls of turf? Everywhere I tried has a minimum 20 rolls WTF?

I've not bought any turf yet as I've just been leveling my front and back gardens for turfing, so i have been looking. Anyway my dad was telling me on Sunday that B&Q sell turf and they're not to bad. I've also found plenty of place online near me (Liverpool) that will sell turf in any amounts. Maybe if you look online you could find something.

B&Q are the ones who quoted minimum 20 rolls

Is that online or in the actual shop ?

Not the best time of year to turf, if the weather turns nice like it was the past few weeks then it dry up and die. Unless it's imperative it's turfed you'll be better off seeding.

Miester said:
Not the best time of year to turf, if the weather turns nice like it was the past few weeks then it dry up and die. Unless it's imperative it's turfed you'll be better off seeding.

Is the correct answer.

johnny on the spot said:
Miester said:

Is the correct answer.

When is best?

117 M34 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Miester said:

Is the correct answer.

When is best?

For seed or rolled turf?

You can happily seed now, but at this time of year you may have a bit of competition from weeds. I've seeded a lot of lawns at this time of year, some have been no problem, others have had to compete against creeping buttercup, dandelion, plantains, self heal, clover etc. Just prepare the site as best you can. The very best time to seed is often September - it's still warm and the weeds have largely passed. Also, the grass puts energy into root growth rather than top growth, ready for winter.

Ultimately, lawns are often energy sinks. You put so much energy and so many resources into them for very little practical yield. They are also the recipients of the worst chemicals available and can become places of sterile monoculture.

johnny on the spot said:
117 M34 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Is the correct answer.

When is best?

For seed or rolled turf?

You can happily seed now, but at this time of year you may have a bit of competition from weeds. I've seeded a lot of lawns at this time of year, some have been no problem, others have had to compete against creeping buttercup, dandelion, plantains, self heal, clover etc. Just prepare the site as best you can. The very best time to seed is often September - it's still warm and the weeds have largely passed. Also, the grass puts energy into root growth rather than top growth, ready for winter.

Is the correct answer! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.