Any Ideas On A Replacement For Costel Pantillimon?

Shay Given I'm sure he'd much rather sit on our bench than Villa's and I'd love to see him back. Great personality to have in the locker room and was a big hit when he was here. Deserves first team football though.

He is far too good to be a number 2,however,and because of that,he could genuinely push Hart for the jersey - Alex McCarthy.

Id at least be trying to get him on board,ya never know........

Where is Craig Gordon these days?

FantasyIreland said:
He is far too good to be a number 2,however,and because of that,he could genuinely push Hart for the jersey - Alex McCarthy.

I think he is retired, McCarthy is another good suggestion.

FantasyIreland said:

Never thought of him, McCarthy would be a top shout imo

dachoosen1 said:
Has he left? Heard he was on about it but is anyone interested? Was wondering why he didnt play in the US? We have still have Wright!lol Lee Camp is on a free, would be a decent backup but would still worry if Hart was out of any lenght of time. Its a hard position to fill and no one has less chance of game time then a backup keeper.
He is in Romania getting married so didn't go to the US but as far as I am aware he is actively looking to move on.

Shay Given is a good shout, could make a good argument that it was him that made Hart into the keeper he is now. Hart was second choice remember when Given was here at the start so he worked hard to take it off him! now he knows Mancini was never realistically going to play Pantilimon in a league game whereas he would have with Given, Hart has got a bit complacent.

Craig Gordon?

Talented keeper whose career has been stunted by injuries. A great manager ( NOT!!!!) once bought him for 10 million but that gross overestimation does not deviate from the fact that he is actually a very good keeper. I don't know where he is now and what hes currently doing at the moment but he is talented enough and will not be too prone to disillusion ie he will be content with the 2nd keeper position at the club.

slothgotthis.jpg

kippaxchris said:
Wouldn't mind seeing Nicky Weaver on the bench for us.

Sentiment would agree with you but reality certainly wouldn't..... Unbelievably,he's still only 34 but he's knackered - injuries have taken their toll and he definitely isn't the right quality for us anymore.

A shame,he had quality and was a great servant for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.