Any news on a new City Stadium?

not my fault! said:
skybluekings said:
No one is harping about anything. Its a reasonable question given the current City stadium deal with the Council:

"City have the City of Manchester Stadium on a 250-year lease but the present arrangement means the local council takes a 50 per cent cut of all match-day gate revenue above and beyond 34,000 - the capacity of the old Maine Road ground."

Extending the Stadium to whatever imaginable capacity would serve NO purpose given this existing deal.

1. The Council takes 50% of all match-day gate revenue above and beyond 34,000!

So asking about if there are plans for a new stadium with all funds (gate receipts) going into the club is a reasonable question.

Why does every single comment by anyone in here have to face at some point, ridicule and most certainly insults to follow when one defends his / her different points of view.

Whatever your view it's happening. City have held talks with the council and the developer and all the plans have been submitted, the council wont refuse as it benefits them and us, it also fills their pledge to develop the surrounding area as this is being done by the same firm at the same time financed by the club or rather our owner. We have bought, or rather will have done any day, all the land the ground sits on and the area around the ground meaning the council would pay us a rent so surely this 50/50 split will be scrapped and a deal struck! Just takes a second to think about it rather than shouting!!! The old gas tower for example will be developed and hold a giant football in it as a symbol of what lies beyond it, this is acording to the plans laid down in the owners brief anyway.
The training ground work starts at any time too seen as we now own (bought a few weeks back) the old chemical works or what ever it was down the road. Exciting times ahead and like I said, the ground will be expanded rather than a new one built. I dont make the rules or the plans but I do know people who were in the meeting and they ar very excited about what they have seen and heard.

Just out of interest, can you say where that information comes from? Obviously I don't expect you to name names. Can you add anymore to that post. I've followed the proposal from day one and as far as I know there hasn't been any imformation released about what is propsed yet. Infact everything is Shrouded in Secrecy. The annoucement about what is proposed for the whole site has been put back until Spring of next year, and the last statement from New East Manchester states the Council is still in talks with ADUG/City.

I'm not saying the info isn't true, but if it is, you must have a very very reliable source?

PS. There have been no plans/planning applications submitted. Infact, no plans have been revealed about the proposal either.

The pic below was posted earlier this year by someone connected with the project.

newcitystadium.jpg

skybluekings said:
The pic below was posted earlier this year by someone connected with the project.

newcitystadium.jpg

Nope. That was posted by me.(Honest) I'm not involved in the proposal. Wish I was though. It's a few years old and is still available to view on the architects website. It was conceptual. An idea.

not my fault! said:
skybluekings said:
No one is harping about anything. Its a reasonable question given the current City stadium deal with the Council:

"City have the City of Manchester Stadium on a 250-year lease but the present arrangement means the local council takes a 50 per cent cut of all match-day gate revenue above and beyond 34,000 - the capacity of the old Maine Road ground."

Extending the Stadium to whatever imaginable capacity would serve NO purpose given this existing deal.

1. The Council takes 50% of all match-day gate revenue above and beyond 34,000!

So asking about if there are plans for a new stadium with all funds (gate receipts) going into the club is a reasonable question.

Why does every single comment by anyone in here have to face at some point, ridicule and most certainly insults to follow when one defends his / her different points of view.

Whatever your view it's happening. City have held talks with the council and the developer and all the plans have been submitted, the council wont refuse as it benefits them and us, it also fills their pledge to develop the surrounding area as this is being done by the same firm at the same time financed by the club or rather our owner. We have bought, or rather will have done any day, all the land the ground sits on and the area around the ground meaning the council would pay us a rent so surely this 50/50 split will be scrapped and a deal struck! Just takes a second to think about it rather than shouting!!! The old gas tower for example will be developed and hold a giant football in it as a symbol of what lies beyond it, this is acording to the plans laid down in the owners brief anyway.
The training ground work starts at any time too seen as we now own (bought a few weeks back) the old chemical works or what ever it was down the road. Exciting times ahead and like I said, the ground will be expanded rather than a new one built. I dont make the rules or the plans but I do know people who were in the meeting and they ar very excited about what they have seen and heard.

So am i correct in thinking we would eventually own the ground outright?

you could say im "ITK" but so were about 30 people early last week at a meeting.
a certain person connected to the club did mention a NEW stadium

jrb said:
PS. There have been no plans/planning applications submitted. Infact, no plans have been revealed about the proposal either.

king sturge have been working on the planning app for months......

we've seen what these guys built for the grand prix,there's no reason to believe they wont do it at our place,awesome!!

Why the obsession with a new stadium? We've only just moved to this one.

We get a new stadium
Why would the Manchester Council give permission for us to build a new ground in Manchester when they would be left with a white elephant that wouldn't get used alot, not to mention to cost of maintaining it. The only way we could get a new ground is by moving out of Manchester and i couldn't see that happening especially after the whole Tevez "Welcome to Manchester" saga.

Extend the ground
Why would we spend alot of money on upgrading the ground to say 60k if in the long run it wouldn't gain us anything except making the Council richer? It's just a waste of time.

I have no contacts and know sod all about it but my guess is that the club want to buy the ground so extending the ground is worth doing whilst committing to regernating the area. A win win for the council, it's just a huge thing that will take time.

All this talk of moving grounds will most probably just be a scare tactic to get the council moving quicker, the ground and the surrounding land is the main reason why ADUG bought us in the first place, so what would be the point of leaving all that and moving elsewhere?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.