Any news on a new City Stadium?

Yeah thats what I want for perhaps the most exciting period of the clubs history for years....to spend my Saturday's sitting in a building site!

> We've just started to get a great atmosphere at City now....if we demolish a stand and put it up again then thats only going to ruin that!

I have said before that one disappointing aspect of City's new ownership is the lack of a 'vision' document allowing fans a little closer to the 'project'.

I'm not suggesting we go back to the days of Swales but he did at least want to let us see what the plans were, get us on board etc.

Yes, yes I know his motivations were different then, but ALL the clubs that have plans involving stadia let the fans see them well ahead of any sort of planning app process.

As for us all sitting back and rubbing our hands together with excitement because look at the F1 circuit etc etc is a load of pish.

Until we are told something directly it is all guesswork and none, thats NONE of it means anything.

As we engage in this thread there are NO plans to do ANYTHING with the current stadium and there are NEVER going to be plans to move to another one.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen the 'project' does not involve any changes to the numbers of seats available on matchdays for at least 5 years.

I think the club should come out and be honest with us all rather than some within MCFC letting these stories fly so as to create more positive vibes.

As for people starting on designs etc etc it is not unusual for an architects practice or a building firm to deliver unsolicited ideas on the back of hunches and hope for some involvement in future developments.

Its all nonsense.

fbloke said:
I have said before that one disappointing aspect of City's new ownership is the lack of a 'vision' document allowing fans a little closer to the 'project'.

I'm not suggesting we go back to the days of Swales but he did at least want to let us see what the plans were, get us on board etc.

Yes, yes I know his motivations were different then, but ALL the clubs that have plans involving stadia let the fans see them well ahead of any sort of planning app process.

As for us all sitting back and rubbing our hands together with excitement because look at the F1 circuit etc etc is a load of pish.

Until we are told something directly it is all guesswork and none, thats NONE of it means anything.

As we engage in this thread there are NO plans to do ANYTHING with the current stadium and there are NEVER going to be plans to move to another one.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen the 'project' does not involve any changes to the numbers of seats available on matchdays for at least 5 years.

I think the club should come out and be honest with us all rather than some within MCFC letting these stories fly so as to create more positive vibes.

As for people starting on designs etc etc it is not unusual for an architects practice or a building firm to deliver unsolicited ideas on the back of hunches and hope for some involvement in future developments.

Its all nonsense.

fbloke said:

Its all nonsense.

You say there is no "vision document" but yoU seem to know whatS going on. Where do u get your vision from WANKER

Can anyone please provide me with a direct quote that suggests ANY change to the stadiums capacity in the next 5 years?

The 5 years was picked by me because the 10 year plan they have talked about may eventually lead to a bigger stadium, MAY.

So it is safe to assume that no plans are likely to exist in half that time.

Oh and were already 1 year in I suppose so that leaves four more and still no word.

Pish and Piffle.

80s Shorts said:
fbloke said:

Its all nonsense.

You say there is no "vision document" but yoU seem to know whatS going on. Where do u get your vision from WANKER

Apologies if a previous post I typed re-appears out of the ether but just in case it doesn't

I have been in conversations with people who claimed (and I believed as they were well known to me) to be ITK on this.

It turns out that they were either WUM or BSM and it was all just bollocks.

I reckon I am not the only one to suffer at the hands of such pillocks.

There has never been any talk of the stadium as part of the initial club developments, we all seemed to like the idea and let our imaginations get the best of us.

I may put a freedom of information request in the council to put it all to bed.

Have read of this - it is the most recently released plan for the NEM (New East Manchester)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.neweastmanchester.com/cms_content_nem/attachments/NEM_Implementation_v4_final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.neweastmanchester.com/cms_co ... _final.pdf</a>

It seems pretty clear that City are a junior partner in the whole development and that lots of Govt funding is in play which means far more to the Council than a COMS expansion.

I would love for us to expand and improve but there is nothing to suggest that that is even being thought of.

And for the NEM people to have produced the above doc in March and not make a reference to the possibility of expanding COMS is pretty clearly saying that its not currently on the agenda.

skybluekings said:
Also, its embedded in the Abu Dhabi business culture to buy and not rent (even though its a very good lease deal at the moment).
I can't shed any light on the other topics in this thread but I can assure that the above certainly isn't the case.

Key Actions for 2009/10 include:
• Prepare an alternative uses strategy for the Sportcity site
that will build on the site’s key function as a leisure, sporting
and entertainment destination and establish it as a
commercial investment location;
• Complete the procurement process that seeks to secure
the development of the Sportcity site as a destination leisure
and tourism attraction of national significance;
• Finalise the Sportcity Strategic Masterplan; and
• Develop a Sportcity Business Plan that seeks to invest those
resources made available by Government to address the
site’s development constraints and enable new infrastructure
to be put in place to facilitate development.

Earlier in the document it mentions involvement of 'the market' & using government funds to 'prepare the area for development' rather than funding development. This bit mentions 'addressing the government's development constraints' which could possibly be rules preventing people like us from buying & developing parts of the land possibly including the stadium.

I wouldn't rule anything in or out from reading this document. It sketches round everything & leaves just about any possibility open.

80s Shorts said:
fbloke said:

Its all nonsense.

Bit harsh there old son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.