Any news on a new City Stadium?

fbloke says "and for the NEM people to have produced the above doc in March and not make a reference to the possibility of expanding COMS is pretty clearly saying that its not currently on the agenda".

Just 'cherry picked' this document and with all due respect such document is never going to mention any 'expansion' of Coms but does state, and to state the bl**din' obvious, in some quarters they will be working with ADIG in their development programmes.

There is no doubt that we will see many changes (for the undeniably better) in and around Eastlands for the area, people...and our beloved City. The Metrolink extension by 2011 will be a big step.

I 'cherry picked' the doc because it is the only doc that exists.

The blether and nonsense that gets spouted about the developments at COMS is based on what?

It is also noteworthy that ADUG may have bought land but they will only be allowed to develop inline with the whole NEM framework.

As most of that framework is based around housing and employment it would be interesting to see evidence of any plans at all.

skybluekings said:
I think the present deal is that anything above 30,000 tickets goes to to the Council, so extending the capacity won't have any benefit for City at all. Which is why I asked if we are building a new stadium.

Also, its embedded in the Abu Dhabi business culture to buy and not rent (even though its a very good lease deal at the moment).
nearly correct, maine road held 33,000 so anything over 33.000 at COMS we pay a % to the council, and its not a lot

jrb said:
not my fault! said:
Whatever your view it's happening. City have held talks with the council and the developer and all the plans have been submitted, the council wont refuse as it benefits them and us, it also fills their pledge to develop the surrounding area as this is being done by the same firm at the same time financed by the club or rather our owner. We have bought, or rather will have done any day, all the land the ground sits on and the area around the ground meaning the council would pay us a rent so surely this 50/50 split will be scrapped and a deal struck! Just takes a second to think about it rather than shouting!!! The old gas tower for example will be developed and hold a giant football in it as a symbol of what lies beyond it, this is acording to the plans laid down in the owners brief anyway.
The training ground work starts at any time too seen as we now own (bought a few weeks back) the old chemical works or what ever it was down the road. Exciting times ahead and like I said, the ground will be expanded rather than a new one built. I dont make the rules or the plans but I do know people who were in the meeting and they ar very excited about what they have seen and heard.

Just out of interest, can you say where that information comes from? Obviously I don't expect you to name names. Can you add anymore to that post. I've followed the proposal from day one and as far as I know there hasn't been any imformation released about what is propsed yet. Infact everything is Shrouded in Secrecy. The annoucement about what is proposed for the whole site has been put back until Spring of next year, and the last statement from New East Manchester states the Council is still in talks with ADUG/City.

I'm not saying the info isn't true, but if it is, you must have a very very reliable source?

PS. There have been no plans/planning applications submitted. Infact, no plans have been revealed about the proposal either.

Yes secrecy is the word and tbh my old man is one of the sub contractors for the developer (I'm sure everyone will know who this is as they built most of the development there anyway!) A meeting was held in private between the club, the council and the developer weeks ago and plans were put forward then, maybe not offically but also remember the building contract should in therory also go to tender....! I believe the bargening chip in all this is an interest free loan from one party to the other, although I cant say from whome to whoever ;0) *cough* to develop the area around COMS. This also means City would recieve a ground rent as they own or will own the land the development sits on. This in turn would mean any monies the council would recieve via tickets sales means nothing as they would owe us more unless some sort of deal is struck? I dont know but it would make sense dont you agree?
All you have to do is put the jigsaw together to read between the lines of my reply as like you say I cant name names etc but I PM'd a few people weeks ago about this in more detail so lets see if I'm right after the season finishes eh.

not my fault! said:
jrb said:
Just out of interest, can you say where that information comes from? Obviously I don't expect you to name names. Can you add anymore to that post. I've followed the proposal from day one and as far as I know there hasn't been any imformation released about what is propsed yet. Infact everything is Shrouded in Secrecy. The annoucement about what is proposed for the whole site has been put back until Spring of next year, and the last statement from New East Manchester states the Council is still in talks with ADUG/City.

I'm not saying the info isn't true, but if it is, you must have a very very reliable source?

PS. There have been no plans/planning applications submitted. Infact, no plans have been revealed about the proposal either.

Yes secrecy is the word and tbh my old man is one of the sub contractors for the developer (I'm sure everyone will know who this is as they built most of the development there anyway!) A meeting was held in private between the club, the council and the developer weeks ago and plans were put forward then, maybe not offically but also remember the building contract should in therory also go to tender....! I believe the bargening chip in all this is an interest free loan from one party to the other, although I cant say from whome to whoever ;0) *cough* to develop the area around COMS. This also means City would recieve a ground rent as they own or will own the land the development sits on. This in turn would mean any monies the council would recieve via tickets sales means nothing as they would owe us more unless some sort of deal is struck? I dont know but it would make sense dont you agree?
All you have to do is put the jigsaw together to read between the lines of my reply as like you say I cant name names etc but I PM'd a few people weeks ago about this in more detail so lets see if I'm right after the season finishes eh.

I dont doubt that things are being/to be discussed and that the development of the site is included in the forward planning for the club and council.

What I find almost unbearable now is the speculation and guesswork involved.

I also think that the club are letting us down by not including us in this or, at the very least dampening down these stories.

BTW feel free to PM with details as well ;-)

BurnCK said:
Why do people keep harping on about this ?

We've been in the stadium for only 6yrs FFS, it has the 6th highest capacity in the whole country and we don't fill it week in week out as it is.
this. its not like we even need the money from ticket sales either as we are filthy rich.

The country is heading towards being £1.5 trillon in debt and is having the worst recession in history (the country is heading for bankruptcy). So anyone that thinks the council are going to piss off an Investment group (ADUG) worth around £500 billion by not letting them build what they want is off there bleeding heads IMO. Espeacially when you take into account that the goverment wants to try and pay of a large amount of that debt by making local authorities sell off there assets.

Where did you get that picture from?

From what I see on there, you could have Sale and Lancs have their own grounds on there, the total sport city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.