Any one else changed their mind regarding Mancini and Balo

Mancini is a class act and i have always supported him and always will.

Balotelli, i absolutly LOVE! he needs to stay, if its just for the fun of it!

zeven said:

What is 'fun' about watching some prick with a bad haircut with his head in his hands?
What is 'fun' about watching some prick who cannot shoot.

I guess you've never played the game because otherwise you'd now how frustrating it must be to play with a knob like him..I cannot wait to see Nig or Vinny deck the lazy git..

-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 pm --

ANY1aBLUE said:
Pam said:
God, there are some very hard task masters around here. Keeping Mancini is a complete and utter no-brainer. I am amazed that it is even being discussed. 19 managers in 30 years really hasn't done it for us and now we have a manager who may well steer us to our first trophy in three decades and qualify for a Chimps League place . And victory over the swamp scum in a Wembley semi final isn't too shabby either. As for Balo, he is has the emotional age of an 11 year old but in footballing terms, all he needs is a bit of maturity and some adjustment time.
New club, new country, new culture.

Calm down deary - I'll be patronising in return.

I have to agree .Villa ,WBA are all games when I just felt like going home after 45 minutes.
I paid for 90 but obviously Mancini felt 40 minutes of entertainment was enough.

No, its not a complete and utter no brainer. Mancini's style of football isnt to everyone's taste. Paying to watch this form of entertainment is expensive and in fairness 75 mins of 90% of our games this Season have been a total drag and more often than not I've left the game feeling pretty frustrated. Some of us wonder whether we can have our cake and eat it...........If Mancini can create a more attacking style and still win then I'll get behind him. Can the leopard change his spots?
<br /><br />-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:29 pm --<br /><br />
Paulmcfc2703 said:
nellyonthewing said:
92% of City fans preferred Dzeko to Balotelli for todays game. The fans were right -Mancini is like a gambler sticking with a bad hand..
92%? was this poll taken outside the ground because I never took part.

A bad hand that has won the last 3 lol

Look on the MEN . 92% is pretty convincing . As for 3 wins on the bounce -yes but that was despite Balotelli and had nothing to do with him. Mancini is playing with fire sticking with him. If it backfires at Wembley lets see how much forgiveness fans will show..

My opinion about Mancini hasn't changed, I am behind him 100% Pre Mancio we would have lost today's game! Lescott & Vinnie were immense as was Zab, Kolarov not so much!

As for Balo, you can see YaYa is getting pissed off with him. Ok so Edin's touch is not currently the best but I am confident that had he seen as much pitch time as Balo he would be scoring. I feared today that we were going to end up with 10 men, Balo also has a bad habit of dropping his head and walking whilst the game is going on around him! He frustrates me! I don't think he should be starting and I am glad we have goals elsewhere in the team for the run in because I don't think he is up to running the attack! There are a lot of people who know a lot more about him than I do and they rate him highly so keep him by all means but I won't be having his name on my shirt just yet! so, no, my opinion of Balo hasn't changed either, I still think he is a prat! possibly gifted, but still a prat!

mancini yes if we finish it off

balo will be great but should be third choice striker

bring back Anelka

Haven't budged a bit, think they're both class and it'll become more obvious as time goes on.

Balotelli is a liability and a passenger. Get him punted in the summer. Dzeko hasnt settled well but at least he puts a bit of effort in.

I think we can win the league, or go very close next season, under Mancini. 3 good signings in the summer, maybe 4 (we need a left back too) and Mancini could really take us places.

Pam said:
God, there are some very hard task masters around here. Keeping Mancini is a complete and utter no-brainer. I am amazed that it is even being discussed. 19 managers in 30 years really hasn't done it for us and now we have a manager who may well steer us to our first trophy in three decades and qualify for a Chimps League place . And victory over the swamp scum in a Wembley semi final isn't too shabby either. As for Balo, he is has the emotional age of an 11 year old but in footballing terms, all he needs is a bit of maturity and some adjustment time.
New club, new country, new culture.
Well said!

nellyonthewing said:
zeven said:

What is 'fun' about watching some prick with a bad haircut with his head in his hands?
What is 'fun' about watching some prick who cannot shoot.

I guess you've never played the game because otherwise you'd now how frustrating it must be to play with a knob like him..I cannot wait to see Nig or Vinny deck the lazy git..

-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 pm --

ANY1aBLUE said:
Calm down deary - I'll be patronising in return.

I have to agree .Villa ,WBA are all games when I just felt like going home after 45 minutes.
I paid for 90 but obviously Mancini felt 40 minutes of entertainment was enough.

No, its not a complete and utter no brainer. Mancini's style of football isnt to everyone's taste. Paying to watch this form of entertainment is expensive and in fairness 75 mins of 90% of our games this Season have been a total drag and more often than not I've left the game feeling pretty frustrated. Some of us wonder whether we can have our cake and eat it...........If Mancini can create a more attacking style and still win then I'll get behind him. Can the leopard change his spots?

-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:29 pm --

Paulmcfc2703 said:
92%? was this poll taken outside the ground because I never took part.

A bad hand that has won the last 3 lol

Look on the MEN . 92% is pretty convincing . As for 3 wins on the bounce -yes but that was despite Balotelli and had nothing to do with him. Mancini is playing with fire sticking with him. If it backfires at Wembley lets see how much forgiveness fans will show..

You have misunderstood / misrepresented the nature of the poll. The precise wording is:
"Should Edin Dzeko start in Manchester City's clash with West Ham?"
It does NOT say "...instead of Mario Balotelli" (or anything else that implies that).

I answered "Yes" in the poll because I wanted BOTH Balotelli and Dzeko to start.

As for yesterday, I watched Mario very carefully. He moved around constantly and made himself available but the passes seldom came. I do not think that Mario is a natural lone striker. Nor is Edin, as he has said himself. They need each other and their partnership will, I believe, thrive next year. I am also confident that we will see Roberto Mancini adopt more aggressive tactics.

Warming toward Mancini. If this was his plan all long, (play defensive all season then let the shackles off with a 5 game charge for highest possible finish), he is a genius. Still to be totally convinced, however.

Balotelli, well how many other £24m strikers would continue to play having not scored in 10, and looking average at times? Not so sure. I want him to be great, and I like seeing his name on the team sheet but yesterday, for me, was a typical Mario performance and it's not what £24m should be providing. Time will tell. Think he might just need a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.