Any one else changed their mind regarding Mancini and Balo

Pigeonho said:
Warming toward Mancini. If this was his plan all long, (play defensive all season then let the shackles off with a 5 game charge for highest possible finish), he is a genius. Still to be totally convinced, however.

Balotelli, well how many other £24m strikers would continue to play having not scored in 10, and looking average at times? Not so sure. I want him to be great, and I like seeing his name on the team sheet but yesterday, for me, was a typical Mario performance and it's not what £24m should be providing. Time will tell. Think he might just need a goal.

I'm singing from that sheet.

Balo has potential for sure but he's someway short of the standard we need from a lone striker.He pales into insignificance when compared to Carlos.

Given the choice,i'd rather Sturridge back.

Baloteli?

I thought on the day we signed him that he was a gamble not worth taking... I've not changed my mind on that. Doesn't do nearly enough for me. I honestly have yet to see him give a really good performance.

Mancini?

I've not changed my mind on him either. Whether we finish 1st. or 5th. his continued retention at City is dependant upon us being able to replace him with a better manager. That still applies. If he's the best manager we can employ come the summer, then he stays. But he really has to up the performances of his players next season... too many stuttering performances for me, with yesterday one of the typical ones!

So... no, I've not changed my mind on either of them.

benCTID said:
I have, I hope Mancini is the boss here next season and I hope Balo is her to fire us to glory.

*OUCH THAT HURT*

totally unconvinced by both but if we are to give mancini time we have to give mario that time too.i can actually see minor improvement in both.

nellyonthewing said:
Balotelli is a disgrace to the shirt. I cannot stand him .
Effort 1/10. Teamwork 1/10.
He may be a flawed genius but I just think he is a twat.
Look at the MEN fans and writers ratings -He is down SWP and below Adebayour.
He needs dumping NOW or we'll be playing Stoke with 10 men.
Don't you mean 9? What with Gareth Barry also playing!! ;-)

I personally like Balotelli. He made some awesome runs yesterday, but was not found in the majority of those situations. There is a bloke who sits a few rows behind me who fucking hates him, and would rather have Dickov. Some City fans seem to think that if a player doesn't chase down lost causes, then they're not trying. His attitude needs sorting out, but that will come next season. In years to come I think he'll be as important to us as Ronaldo was to the Rags.

As for Mancini, I like the bloke, and hope that the owners will give him at least 2 more seasons. His aim this year was to make the CL, and we just need to hold our nerves, so job done. I think at times we're a little too negative, but that's his way. Yaya, Silva, Balotelli will all be settled next year, and I think Kompany and Lescott will only get better the more they play together. The future's bright.....I hope to God that Real don't sack Mourinho!

Pam said:
God, there are some very hard task masters around here. Keeping Mancini is a complete and utter no-brainer. I am amazed that it is even being discussed. 19 managers in 30 years really hasn't done it for us and now we have a manager who may well steer us to our first trophy in three decades and qualify for a Chimps League place . And victory over the swamp scum in a Wembley semi final isn't too shabby either. As for Balo, he is has the emotional age of an 11 year old but in footballing terms, all he needs is a bit of maturity and some adjustment time.
New club, new country, new culture.
Spot on Pam.

Soulboy said:
Baloteli?

I thought on the day we signed him that he was a gamble not worth taking... I've not changed my mind on that. Doesn't do nearly enough for me. I honestly have yet to see him give a really good performance.

Mancini?

I've not changed my mind on him either. Whether we finish 1st. or 5th. his continued retention at City is dependant upon us being able to replace him with a better manager. That still applies. If he's the best manager we can employ come the summer, then he stays. But he really has to up the performances of his players next season... too many stuttering performances for me, with yesterday one of the typical ones!

please explain why that was a typical mancini performance yesterday, do u believe he told the players to back off after 25 mins

have u listened to his press conference

grim up north said:
Soulboy said:
Baloteli?

Mancini?

please explain why that was a typical mancini performance yesterday, do u believe he told the players to back off after 25 mins

have u listened to his press conference

Yeah, you're right.

Imagine a manager telling the players what to and expecting them to adhere to it.

Are you suggesting the players take no notice of the manager and decide how to play for themselves?

That's a funny way of managing...

Not changed my mind on either. Balo is going to be one of the greatest. Just needs to mature a little which he will do, and needs better service than he currently gets, and a system of play which is more suited to his best attributes.

Mancini isn't good enough to win us the league and for me, he should be replaced this summer by someone with better qualities than he has. If he stays he can have a clean slate next season providing he begins to learn from his mistakes - which judging by the man's arrogance is highly doubtful.

At least he's managed to pretty much secure us 4th place, which is certainly progress...

I'm changing my mind on Balo.

I was chuffed to bits when we signed him, but I just don't think we can afford to wait at this stage in our development.

We can't afford to carry passengers, as with Robinho.

Undoubted talent, suspect temperament, think they are better than actually are.

He won't be prepared to wait, so why should we?

Comes to something when the referee did him a favour yesterday to escape numerous bookable challenges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.