Any Positives?

Puncheon was apparently hit by a packet of Maoam, a French/German chewy sweet/bubblegum.

This isn't a good thing in itself, as such, but it did bring back some fond memories of teenage escapades on the continent.

Summerbuzz said:
Puncheon was apparently hit by a packet of Maoam, a French/German chewy sweet/bubblegum.

This isn't a good thing in itself, as such, but it did bring back some fond memories of teenage escapades on the continent.

Maoam is crazy good though.

I thought the workrate of some of the players in the first 30 min was excellent. This includes Navas, Silva and Clichy.

That's about the only positive.

Dominated most of the game without getting a result.

Got some ciders in for the train home. The post Barca wagon has disappeared.

chaddblue said:
The only positive I can take from tonight is that surely we can't be that unlucky in our next match

I've gone off the idea of luck. The scenario we saw tonight has been played out too many times for it to be all about luck. The "Sunderland away script" or was it the "Everton script" or maybe the "Stoke away script". How many times have we seen performances eerily similar to that in recent years? Hell, the Burnley one not so long ago - 21 shots, 0 goals.

Pellegrini might be happy using the "if we play like that every week, we'll win" line, but we HAVE played like that many times and lost in almost exactly the same manner with the other team taking their chances, unlike us. There is a deeper problem, maybe it's that we look like meek ballet dancers around the box sometimes. Silva must have had a great shooting position 4 or 5 times tonight only to pass it. Now I won't hear much bad said about Silva, he is a class act, but many teams would have someone in that position who would leather it and possibly score (IMO if Ancelotti arrives, Silva may be pushed back like Carlo did with Di Maria and Isco, with more direct playmakers like De Bruyne and Sterling either side of El Kun).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.