Any Sky Engineers out there?

We're having same problems with our Sky+ so I rang and they were less than friendly as per usual, they said an engineer would have to come for £60 and a new box would be £99 so I told them to f**k right off.

I think I am going to buy a HD telly from Tesco and get the free sky HD box rather than pay £150 to get normal Sky box. I will get the package a Tesco for £350, it is a little more expensive but I get a better picture and a new box that is covered by warranty.

Sky are a bunch of rip off bas****s I can't believe we pay the £60 a month and we have to pay to repair their faulty equipment, its a joke but there is no other choice if you want to watch football, Virgin is even worse tosh.

pearcey71 said:
Have you tried banging it

ok its been a while but i'm not yet desperate enough to turn to banging my sky box lol

Seriously, i've been nice to it, i've turned it off and give it a break, i've smacked it, i've plugged it out. Nothing works.

Shit, i'm gonna have to cough up the £60 and get sky out arent I?

You have a 6 year guarantee under the Sale of Goods act 1979

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Faulty goods and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

On [date of purchase] I bought a [description of purchase] from you for [insert price] which has stopped working.

The problem is [enter description of fault].

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller.

This legislation also states that the seller, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these requirements.

The law also says I have six years from the date of purchase to claim damages for faulty goods.

My goods are not [delete as appropriate - as described/fit for purpose/of satisfactory quality] and I wish to claim a [delete as appropriate - repair/replacement/refund] of my goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.

Please respond to my complaint within 7 days from receipt of this letter.

Yours faithfully,
[your name]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.