Any Sky Engineers out there?

bluemoonchick

I'm having issues with my Sky+;

1 - it won't record programmes and keeps saying clashed, even though I was only recording one channel. I have to pull the power cable out and reset the box to fix it but that only lasts a few days and then it stops recording again.

2 -when you watch the recording it keeps losing sound on and off.

3 - if it rains I lose the signal (i'm in oldham for gods sake, its rain 364 days of the year!)

4 - every now and again I cant get any channel and get a message "there is a technical fault with this channel". Again if I pull power cable out its sort this out for a while.

I'm out of warranty now so its gonna cost me £60 to get Sky to come out to it.

Anyone out there work for Sky and can offer any advice? Is my box knackered? It 3 years old now...

bluemoonchick said:

1 - it won't record programmes and keeps saying clashed, even though I was only recording one channel. I have to pull the power cable out and reset the box to fix it but that only lasts a few days and then it stops recording again.

3 - if it rains I lose the signal (i'm in oldham for gods sake, its rain 364 days of the year!)

4 - every now and again I cant get any channel and get a message "there is a technical fault with this channel". Again if I pull power cable out its sort this out for a while.

Anyone out there work for Sky and can offer any advice? Is my box knackered? It 3 years old now...
same thing happens to me, my bloody wife keeps saying "their sending everyone a new sky card so thats probably why" im not sure thats the reason (probably isnt) but i get annoyed when it happens to me 2

ussy said:
bluemoonchick said:

same thing happens to me, my bloody wife keeps saying "their sending everyone a new sky card so thats probably why" im not sure thats the reason (probably isnt) but i get annoyed when it happens to me 2

I got my new sky card two weeks ago and i'm still having same problems...

bluemoonchick said:
ussy said:

I got my new sky card two weeks ago and i'm still having same problems...
shit!!!!

i assume that you have contacted sky but most likely is your box is knackered and will need replacing, make the call as no quick fix will help. (according to the sky engineer accross the road)

hi mate

i had the same problem a few months ago . i was out of warranty too . it tuned out to be a tree had grown to high and was blocking the signal. sky wanted to charge me £60 to come and sort it so i just sid forget it ill cancel and go to virgin. "well be there on tuesday mate no charge" came the reply. guy came out and put my dish on a pole no problems since. just tell them you will cancel im sur they will sort it

best thing to do is ring them up and explain the problem. when they say you have to pay for a new box, tell them your cancelling your suscription. they may or may not offer you a free box. its worth a try!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.